Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message

Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever wondered what type of Visa you need if you want to enter USA. Here are the different types of Visa for USA.

A - Official Visa
# A-1: For Ambassadors, public ministers & consular officers
# A-2: For immediate family members of A-1
# A-3: Attendants & servants of A-1 and A-2 holders

B - Business/Visitor Visa
# B-1: Temporary visitor for business
# B-2: Temporary visitor for leisure

C & D Visa (For Aliens in transit)
# C-1,2: Alien in transit directly through US
# C-3: Family of C-1,C-2 in transit
# C-4: Transit without Visa(TWOV)
# D-1: Sailors departing on vessel of arrival
# D-2: Sailors departing by other means

E - Visa (For Traders/Investors)
# E-1: Treaty Trader, spouse and children
# E-2: Treaty Investor, spouse and children

F Visa (Students)
Want to study or research at a U.S. college? Then F is the visa for you -
# F-1: Academic Student
# F-2: Spouse or child of F-1

H (Temporary Worker) Visa
# H-1B: Persons in a specialty occupation
# H-2B: Seasonal nonagricultural workers
# H-3: Trainees other than medical/academic; also training of handicaps
# H-4: Dependants of H visa holders

I Visa (Mediapersons)
Are you a reporter, film person, Editor? Then you require an I-visa -
Essential documents: Your press ID, a letter from the editor.

J & Q Exchange Visitor Visa
# J-1: Visas for exchange visitors. exchange visitors may be academics, scientists, businesspeople or students.
# J-2: Spouse or ‘child’ of J-1 under 21

K Fiance(e) of US Citizen
# K-1: Fiance(e)
# K-2: Minor child of K-1
# K-3: Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (LIFE Act)
# K-4: Child of K-3 (LIFE Act)Essential documents: Marriage certificate & Photos, Intent of marrying within 90 days in US(for K1).

L Visa (Intracompany Transferees)
# L-1A: Executive, managerial
# L-1B: Specialized knowledge
# L-2: Spouse or child of L-1

M Visa - Vocational and Language Students
# M-1: Vocational student or other non-academic student
# M-2: Spouse or child of M-1

O Visa - For Prodigies
# O-1: For a Genius in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics.
# O-2: Alien’s (support) accompanying O-1
# O-3: Spouse or child of O-1 or O-2

P Visa - Athletes and Entertainers
# P-1: Athletes & Entertainment groups
# P-2: Entertainers in exchange programs
# P-3: Entertainers in cultural programs
# P-4: Spouse or child of P-1, 2, or 3

R Visa - Religious Workers
# R-1: Religious workers
# R-2: Spouse or child of R-1


...be the change you wish to see in the world!!!
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic Reply to topic

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB All times are GMT - 7 Hours