Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Ranjini,
The sentence is not clear. Please tell me whether you accept my opinion or my apology. Have a nice time.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Reading the glowing tributes of 'The Hindu' of his life/ career was so moving.
I'm sure our Major JP uncle would have a couple of stories to tell to all of us about Sam's heroics/ personal interactions, if any.
But our Major uncle is not to be seen on these forums for quite some time.

When people get tired, they move on. Maybe, uncle has moved on. My time is nearing too.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai Hari,
As you said I think JP uncle has moved. To be frank, out of 1138 registered users, only a handful are creative and dashing. A few examples would be Deva anna, JP uncle, yourself, Anita and a very few.
Now hardly Deva anna and JP uncle are seen in the forum. And when you say its time for you too to move, I would only say that we miss this forum altogether. I do not mean to blame our other brothers and sisters in the forum. Hats off to all other members too for spending their valuable time and discussions. But I believe that the maturity of the forum would be lost when you people leave the forum.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
ranjini
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hari

I always request your contribution to this website .

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Close to a decade of writing on this website consistently, right from the day it started when it had a black background and kind of golden yellow font, not bad for somebody who loses interest in un-challenging assignments often. At 34, think it's time to leave it for the younger generation to exchange ideas, thoughts, come up, grow and prosper.

Some thoughts of mine on Life...

1) Have convictions in whatever you do. Dilemmas don't apply here.

2) Your life is in your hands, to make it big or screw it up. Atleast, one million people have said this before. It's really sensible.

3) True love is an eternal bliss. It really is. Many don't find it.

4) In Business, sentiments don't help. It's Money, Honey!

5) Success - Was never a clearly defined word, it will hardly be. For me, its about feeling good inside.

6) Be a Sport, a warrior never dies.

7) Nobody cares about you when u don't have that extra buck, the choice is whether you care about you or that buck.

VIII) Be true to yourself. Truth gives you a sense of purpose.

9) Create assets, don't be greedy. Play it cool.

10) Strive to attain perfection, although an uphill task.

11) Competence - Even if you are a rag picker, work towards being the best rag picker in the world.

12) Superstition - Its for foolish asses.

13) Religion - Fundamentalism kills. Politicians thrive on it.

14) Value relationships on their merit.

15) If you get an opportunity for unconditional love, cherish it.

16) Nobody knows u better than urself, u r ur best critic.

17) When u have substance, even ur Billionaire boss feels insecure.

XVIII) Overconfidence is a virtue, as long as u don't have the habit of repenting.

20) Be humble till death, it gives u an unexplainable, unweighable value.

21) Simplicity is a matter of heart, you can be ultramodern and yet very simple.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
l_santhosh
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was late last night when I left office at 11...and I had to wait for the cab for 40-45 mins. due to a miscommunication.
I sat just outside the verandah under the cool moonlight and opposite the glaring neon lights, accompanied by two night security guards on duty.
One of them was in army fatigues, around 65 years of age and looked fresh and sharp. It is so striking because around that age, few of our civilian senior citizens are strong and healthy, forget about being fresh and sharp. Guess that's an Army gift!!

There are few things that are as interesting and captivating as listening to the life of an armyman...and that too a retired one in that(as they say - there are some things which money can't buy).

He had served in the fauj as a sipahi first, then a Nayak and then Havildar over 24 years from 1972 to 1996 and subsequently retired.
As I listened, our conversation steered to Sam Manekshaw. I asked him if he had seen Sam and his views on Sam.
He said he had seen Sam in one of the Sammelans held in Jodhpur in 1976. And with 4000-5000 jawans, meeting him in person was impossible for even officers could not have his time to chat with.
He said Sam was the one who broke the barriers(or hierarchical bridge) between officers and the jawans....gesturing with his two index fingers crossed as an X and uncrossed. He was of a very high stature and had the respect of all Jawans.
He said Sam(alongwith the then Defense Minister Jagjivan Ram) also had tea at the end...the highlight being that he did not have tea with the officers but the sipahis.
It is heartening to know how such a small symbolic act of having tea with the sipahis can make them(sipahis) so happy. Needless to infer how happy Sam would have felt from the fact that he always wanted to be called a goorkha.
As it neared mid-night, my cab arrived and I had to leave.

But a nice conversation and some insight into Sam from one of his own fauji!!

And as Hari had believed, no, our Jaypee uncle has not moved on.
He is back in our forums....so Hari, you too better put on hold your plans for moving on...alright??!!

Jaypee uncle, Welcome back icon_smile.gif
You've got any stories on Sam?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
l_santhosh
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As it neared mid-night, my cab arrived and I had to leave.

..small point continued..
As it neared mid-night, my cab arrived and I had to leave wondering how only great personalities could manage to make a psychological impact that remains indelible in the minds of all those who meet them.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic