Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ravibalraj
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Everybody,
My heartful Namashkara to all,
Recently when I was in my vacation at my native place (Manjoor Hatti) (Im working in Kuwait (Gulf) ) I saw more outside people (non-badags) reciding there and also more and more outside people migrated and reciding nearby Melur Harugutchi area, Yedakad, Melkundah, Kilkundah,Godalatti, Meekeri, Nanjanadu, Ithalar and all the sides of Niligiris. It is very danger to our people and our community too.

Climate change to cause 'partition' ten times over

(This is the grim picture painted by S Chella Rajan, a professor at IIT Chennai, in his report titled Climate Migrants in South Asia: Estimates and Solutions if the country continues to follow the current “business-as-usual’’ approach and fails to take policy interventions to check the impending crisis.)

The report estimates eight million rural migrants would head for urban areas because of double exposure to climate change and the effects of globalisation.

The scale of migration would be equivalent to the Partition ten times over.

Please go through Mr. Rathakrishnan's topic " The Trend in Badage villages" and Mr.Gopenath's & Mr.Devaraj Mathan's views.

CYA
Manjooran
jithender
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, I have always been worried about outsiders settling in our hattis.
Slowly the Non-Badagas have started owning lots of Land that belonged to our forefathers, Yes, its disastrous...
As far as I can c, there seems to be no Concrete solution to this problem,
Any sugggestions ???

deenadayalan
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hello anna i think the problem is mainly due to the rising IT industry and other jobs outside.today many badagas are settling outside for survival and we give others the place to reside here in our home town....

Starter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate your thoughts about non badaga population in Nilgiris.

Have you ever thought about badaga population settling down in coimbatore and bangalore and buying lands and properties????

Not just these 2 cities, badagas have settled down all over the world. You cant stop anyone from buying or selling the lands in ooty. Circumstances force people to buy and sell.

Badagas dont have the money to cultivate tea anymore. Atleast let someone else buy and preserve the nature for us.

All that we can hope is for some one else to take care of the lands very well, like we have done for years.

We have been known for hospitality. Let us maintain that and welcome people into our region.

All the above are just my opinion. Please remember no offence meant to anybody.

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai,
Good question. I already have posted a future situation regarding settling down away from Nilgiris under the post entitled ``OUT SIDERS ENCROACHING THE HATTIES``. I also agree with the opinion that the circumstances lead us to sell our lands. So we cannot stop any one selling away the lands. But I dont know how you are sure that the people who buy the lands just buy them to preserve the nature. Do you mean to say that buying the lands, construting resorts and buildings save nature.
நிழலின் அருமை வெயிலின் போது தெரியும். Just my opinions and not against your views. Any way if we are concerned about Nilgiris, all opinions are sure to pour out. Lets hope for the best.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.

View next topic
View previous topic