Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As per the current situation, people say that there would be a strong financial crisis in the next three to five years. Already the Americans have started to fall on their knees due to the start of crisis. Next it is expected with the European Nations to take a turn.
As per the progress in the world finance, we expect a sharp fall in land and housing rates. It would be better not to go for a huge investment for housing for a year or two. At the same time, people who really want to sell their houses, this would be the right time to play with.
With this financial crisis, I would doubt about the rise in tea price. Already a number of companies have opted for job cuts due to the rising phenomenal crisis. Its expected that in the next decade, there would be more investment in two fields. EDUCATION & FOOD. There would be more liquidity of money among people but there would be no enough stuff in the market. As the competition for the shares increase, people would dare to pay any amount of money for the shares which finally would lead to decrease in the money value. This would put people in further pressure in the daily life. Lets not wait till the eleventh hour. GOOD MOTIVATIONS AND INTENTIONS WOULD ALWAYS SAVE US FROM ANY CRISIS. Lets LOVE ALL AND SERVE ALL, there by saving our people which in turn would save us.
I would request our brothers who have a sound knowledge in finance to help our people in finding solutions. i believe that when Education made use for the society, it acquires its full meaning. I would be wrong in certain aspects that I have given here as I am not a financial person and you are all welcome to correct it and do the needful for the benefits of our people.
EDUCATION IS FOR LIFE AND NOT MERE EARNING. Lets join hands in making our education worthy for the society.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gopenath,

You have touched the topic in a nice manner.

Here are my thoughts & opinions.

True, the Americans are already down and now the European turn. This is evident from the fall of US $ [ 12% ] and Euro [ - 0.3 to 2%], Pound [-5%] , Singapore $[-5 to -6 %] and Chineas Yuan [ -4 to -6%] roughly on year 2007 AVERAGE. The exact prevailing rate to be referred.

Indian Govt [ corrupt to a larger extent - and RTI act is mitigating it]to an extent indicates direct Tax collection increased about 40%. PM indicates GDP is expected to be 9%.

The flip side is, sky rocketing Land & House Pricing in even in less known 'hatty side' attracting investors from Chennai & other metropolitian cities.

These indicators indicate a strong boom in Indian economy and RBI not doing Fed Rate cut in line with US downslide.

I am hightling only. However, I am not an economist but my opinion stands.

The India produces will be more affordable by larger mass [ compared to last 50 years ] in the days ensuing. AGRICULTURE is something that no one can afford to ignore. As you rightly put it, Education is not just for learning. But to understand this philosophy and phenomenon people need to go at least 40+ years of age with toiling and wider thinking. OR specially gifted in thinking.

Well, let us hope we shall groom ourself in the direction of better harmonius living.

Cheers!

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Brother,
Thank you for your views and corrections. Its possible that we some how understand the status of our economics though not fully. There are some early symptoms of crisis. Already the famous TCS have asked the freshly joined employees ( below 2 years of experience) to quit from the company which has lead to a lot of agitation. Here in Germany, The famous Chemical Company Merck have already shut down its Research and Development there by sending hundreds of its researchers back home.
We also see that there would be no much opportunities of jobs which were so freely available all these days. Till date there were so many jobs available ranging from 5000 to 50000 salary irrespective of the field of study. This range is shrinking day by day.
I give all these details not to create a negative atmosphere in the minds of our budding boys. But I think the students should be aware of all things and there by grow their self confidence and morality which would definitely help them out in fiery situations irrespective of the growing problems day by day. But I do not know how it could be achieved unless we all think alike. lets hope for the best.

With Love,
Gopenath.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thamma Gopenath,

To good an extent you are touching points that are to be considered in long run. True, the economy of USA is nose diving and that of European one is following the trail.

There are flip side also to TCS and other companies showing the door to several 1 /2 years experirnced fresh graduates and some over 20/25 years experienced.

The problem is multi fold.

1. The fresh "Engineers" given the "Degree Certificate" from large number of "Certificate Shops" called Self Financing Engineering Colleges are responsible for this.

They give Certificates - and ONLY that. Once Fee is paid .. by capitation or thro' lowest scores in god forsaken institute, your cetificate is ensured. Thanks to such "Shops" we learn geography of Tamil nadu well.

The other average students manage to scrap thro 'EXAMINATION' system.

Either way one get 'CERTIFICATES'. But the skills as 'ENGINEERS' is lacking and that's what the Industry is expecting.

On the other hand, The Old gaurd engineers expect too much from new Engineers without updated knowledge or taking the managerial capability skills.

Sure, thats on one side.

On the other hand, L&T Infotech is building office space to accommodate 5,000 employees at their Chennai's additional facility. This is an indicator of growing business needs. Companies like Infosys are showing profit year after year.

Well, the falling prices of bank loans is another indicator of economic slow down.

I am of the opinion, all these are temporary phases and will go thro, slump once again like dot com bust [ Crash down of Software Industry] of 2000 to get new ways.

When there is an earth quake, lets hope a better landscape is carved in the process. and some hidden treasures are displayed for the benefit of larger Badagas and humankind, in general.

Cheers !

Last edited by deva_mathan on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Deva Anna,
I clearly agree with your points. As you rightly put the words, Certificate Shops. I think this would be the very apt words to describe the Colleges. There are a lot of opportunities for Research in Europe.
I am being funded by A Prestigious DAAD Fellowship for my entire Ph.D Programme. This fund is raised from the Public and Government of Germany. They provide opportunities for Researchers from all over the world every year.
To my surprise, if I am not mistaken, I have never heard any Badaga who came up with this Scholarship ( DAAD- Deutscher Academischer Auslandsamt Dienst) so far. May be some one might have gone through but I did not have any news about a Badaga who won this Scholarship.
This Educational sector provides opportunities for students to continue their Research even in the field of History. There are more openings for PG Engineers to continue their Research.
The details of the Scholarship could be found in the website
www.daad.de.
I think you are a right person who could guide a number of students as you may be having a lot of exposure and knowledge about the students from our place.

With Love
Gopenath.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Thamma Gopenath,

Very kind of you to consider me 'GOOD' material for research. Though that was my intention quite some time back. With the time and ups and downs gone thro' over the years made me write some of my free flow of thoughts.

I am very happy to congratulate you for having achieved a unique badaga qualification to get thro' DAAD.

Pl keep posted about your development and other areas of interest for the larger welfare of Badagas. I hope the new generation will achive scioentific success with spiritual inclination for betterment. Also let me know your mail id, to become my professional network 'LINKEDIN' member. This will give wide publicity of people in same profession and like minded people and professional growth.

Let us hope all our skills, knowledge, and supports , social services however little may be will be useful to our future generations in aome way or other.

Cheers!

Last edited by deva_mathan on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Deva Anna,
Thank you for your cheers. As you said, lets do what ever possible could be, and rest in the Hands of Hettai.
My mail Id is tsgopenath@yahoo.co.in

Thank you again for your kind consideration.

With Love
Gopenath.

View next topic
View previous topic