Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Bangalore and go to my place [Hubbathalai] very often.

After crossing into Tamilnadu at Kakkanalla Check post (near Theppakadu) I usually take the Masinagudi- Kallatti- Akoni- Ooty road. Though the road is very steep with a lot of hairpin bends - 36 in number - I prefer this basicaly to enjoy the scenic beauty and to save some time [nearly one hour due to the distance being short by about 30km].

A few days back [end of Jan 2008], while returning to Bangalore, at Thalai Kundah I was told by police that Kallatti road is under repair and hence I had to take the Gudalur road.

MY GOD, I have travelled quite a lot in and around all the states in India [due to being an ex IAF man] but have never seen and driven through such a BAD ROAD in my life. Calling it a road is a misnomer.

How I reached Gudalur and then Bangalore via Mysore without my bones broken and without the vehicle packing up is a mystery. Words cannot describe the state of the road.

Coming to thinkof it, we have a minister from Gudalur now - Mr.Ramachandran [from DMK and a Badaga] and we also had a minister from the same constituency earlier - Mr.Miller -, our central Government minister for Roads is once again from Tamil Nadu. If our GREAT CM[?] Karunanidhi could spare a ride on this road, he would definitely do something if he can survive such an ordeal and come out ALIVE.

To say the least, THIS MUST BE THE WORST ROAD IN THE WORLD !

So, friends, if you ever have to travel to Ooty and beyond from Mysore/Bangalore, never take a chance. Take from Nanjangud the Sathyamangalam - Mettupalayam road. You will be safe - so is your vehicle.

If there is one issue on which Mr.Karunandhi, Baalu and Ramachandran should hang their heads in shame and resign, this is it..

The Gudalur - Ooty road!

Yes, I can hear some one mentioning about Ooty - Coonoor Road....

NILGIRIS is supposed to be blessed by NATURE...really??

Last edited by bjaypee on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

repeated

Last edited by bjaypee on Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BeejayPe,

If we are expecting the great[?!?] CM, Miller, KK Ramachandran[ Badaga Minister], and Transport Minister - MP, to hang their heads in shame, perhaps, our expectation is too much.

Politics is the 2nd profession in the world and in several ways, it resembles the 1st one in the world.

Well, we all knew by reading papers, What the 1st profession is !

Well, some of local roads in Chennai are no different than that of ooty.

Perhaps the Nilgiri Roads condition is because of the nature?!?
The only solution to Ooty problem is calling PMs & Presidents visit to be organised at Ooty. The result will be seen overnight.

Cheers!

balram
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CM, MP and MLA will clear their won roads and they are making others fool. Any one knows our MAL or CM addressed our District main problem in Delhi for tehe TEA rate?
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best ways to travel in that route is have a camera, get a window seat in an air bus (most TNSTC and KSRTC buses plying on the BLR-OOTY sector have air suspensions), take snaps of Nature and Animals (Human beings included - Since we are social Animals) whenever u want b'cos brakes every 100 Mtrs is guaranteed by the Government of India, unofficially though!

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.

View next topic
View previous topic