Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

As we all know that Tea Price is decreasing day by day..

What we are going to do .Or How we can tackle this issue?,

Its been several years ,recollecting the bandh in Yellanalli , saddest moment of our community ever.

We have been fighting for many years , only assurance continues not the actions ..

What the badaga ministers are doing to our community ??

I personally dont want to mention the names of badaga ministers, but couple of ministers looks like they dont care about our lives.

Should be like this for ever ?? Nanga ka olli jama banthara va..

Friends , share the ideas , lets create a mass !!!!!!

deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother vijay,

Black sheeps are not uncommon. I put words without minching. Now that you have also joining in similar tone. let us now try to "UN-ELECT" the members, if they cannot REPRESENT badaga plights. Elsewhere, in this forum pl see, one of DFOs is started taking up with legal proceedings to get better price for Nilgiris.

The court seems to have ordered fixing "Floor Price" for tea. If green leaf price is continue to look downward, the Tea dust price should also. This is not happening. That implies, with out much vocabulary, that money is siphoned off , comfortably by SHREWD hands.

The Law is silent so far. Else, the contempt of court orders issued to Govt would have been active now. We cannot be silent sufferers for long

Let us appeal to the Badaga communiity to join together and send Minister to Assembly & Parliament and revive our well being.

Cheers!

andik_bellie
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The dicussion on the tea rate is happening every where but there is no sign of
all the badagas joining together to get a solution. I know that we have several
badaga associations operating in different places but i don't know if one exists in our
own Ooty.Why can't all the Hattis join together.Why can't Hatties (atleast the Gowdas)
have meeting regularly to discuss the issues like this. Why can't we together take this
issue to the court?. When will our people understand the power of UNITY?.
Will our next generation say "I'm from Ooty" or will it become a tourist place for
them !! I'm really scared !!!!!

/
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai Dear friends,
Happy to see the rise up again. But I think its not good to only stick on to tea. I know its easy to put words but difficult to put something in practise. I heard that many villages have come forward towards Floriculture. Even the Government was ready to give some opportunities for people to get in to this field by issuing some loans. But there is no proper education in our villages. Our people are afraid to take steps. I could understand their situation. I think that we have to continuously fight for the tea price but also take care that our people are able to get the basic amenities. I heard even today that in most of the villages there are people who suffer to pay the school fee for thir children, suffer to pay the current bills and a lots. I think it would be wise to make some arrangements first to rescue our brothers and sisters from the current situation and let the discussion towards tea go on in a side. We do understand that there involves a lot of politics in the tea price. But mere discussion about this will not help the people to meet their day to day difficulties that has to be cared for the immediate time being. Poor people and children cannot understand the politics and robbery going behind. Only thing that they need for the hour is LENDING HANDS AND HEARTS THAT HELP THEM TO GET THEIR BASIC AMENITIES:
Comments are welcome. If there is something wrong in my views I regret for that. Lets join hands.

With Love
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother Gopenath & Andik_bellie,

Good points are raised. More and wider views comes from out of box thinking people.

Yes, the Govt did give loans. Yes- the people should change the mind set! - Yes- there is no association at Ooty - leave alone, there is no one to associate at hatti level [ We all are aware of 'Katchi' with in Hatties]. It is shocking to read 'The Hindu of today- 12th Dec 2007- about tension in Kuruthuguli about temple ceremony. The temple has to be closed. Not sure if this is of Badagas or outsiders settled in that area.

That is where the politicians make a their hey days for 5 years at a stretch.

The govt loans, most of the time benefit too few a people. To enter floriculture means converting existing tea gardens, which is again a costlier mode given the meagre income of hatti people.

One thing is for sure, that there is a silent revolution taking place inside each badagas. This is a good symptom.

As Gopenath, puts it, basic amenities first. Improving water availablity, hygenic surroundings, etc. The panchayt level office bearers in this activities must be urged/forced/persuaded. Once this is done, this will give time for other activities.

The YBA activities at OOty level be keep reminding the Political heavy weights for District Level developments.

Let us hope one step at a time takes us to the path of development.

Cheers !

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Dev Anna,
Thanks for your comments.
Well, I have a small suggestion. I think its too late for us to educate the people about the politics adn the things going around. I think there already exists a group under the supervision of Mr.Senthil from Melur. He is trying very hard to do something for the community.
I hope if a massive campaign is held, there is a chance to come up with new ideas. Let the group visit all the villages and discuss the problems rather than directing the people against the politicians.
I know its no easier job for a group to visit all villages. For this starting purpose lets donate a small funding for the trust worthy group, so that there is no need for them to spend from their pockets.
Let them discuss the real problems and if any suggestions from each village shall be welcome. I definitely believe there are some youngsters in every village who could come up with some block busters in their minds and also there are experienced elders who could guide and give valuable suggestions.
Based on the ideas and problems arising, we could make out something worthy for the people. I hope even by the start of these social
works, the politicians should feel ashamed of not doing their duties.
Unless every village is visited, suggestions and efforts are put forward, nothing will pave on its way. Mere meetings and conferences being held will not serve the purpose, as we have seen that a number of meetings have been held and disappeared like dew. The group should be prepared to meet any criticisms in this venture.
Again I know its easy for me to write just sitting in front of the computers but its very very difficult to put things forward. I really feel for myself for not being able to be one among the group. But I could help like a squirriel that helped Lord Rama.
Suggestions are welcome. Criticisms are also welcome. Because only through criticisms we can learn more.

With Love
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I know by this time the Ruling State Government would have given Color TV to all peoples as they promised in election Oath.

But why do our badaga people dont understand or unware of the facts??

If Govt can spend money on getting Color TV for all card holders , protest it and we should get hike price ..

I knew our badaga minister visited all hatties and distributed TVs,Instead he should have given the amount as "Maniya" to all so we could all benefit.

Looks like he just do what is instructed to do !..

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai,
You are right in your views. But as you said our Honourable minister would not do anything which is not instructed. Its very natural that when you depend on someone for your survival, ultimately you are forced to obey them. It so happens with politics. So these types of works could be done only by people who are not bound to such restrictionns.
And you should know that distribution of colour TVs is just like giving a small piece of chocolate to stop the immediate cry of a child. And I believe its very difficult to educate people on these grounds. instead we could try to train them in newer fields and atleast let them come out of their immediate sufferings.
And please note how many replies you got in raising such issues. I am not trying to blame anyone but I think most of them are not caring to give some ideas. There is in everybeing, a thought, EVEN WHEN THE GOVERNMENT IS UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING, WHAT WE ALONE COULD DO?
When this type of doubts and carelessness goes out from every individual, then there will be a revolution in the History of Nigiris rather than protesting and get ourselves hurt. Do you think people will be ready to protest after remembering the last one which ended up in a tragedy?
Also I opine its not good for our people to go on a protest and get themselves hurt again which all of us cannot tolerate. only way is to serve the community with full heart. Each one of us, everyone either rich or poor, educated or uneducated, employed or unemployed, youth or the grown, males or females evryone should realise the period for us to awake.
We appreciate one of our brother who has entered the cine field with great enthusiasm. Its good. But its an individual victory. When are we going to appreciate ourselves for a community victory?
If you have a look at my postings in the Daily Inspirations, I do not post it as I want to post in the Badaga web. But I do not know how many of us really get inspired towards the Social Service.
Even now you could see, this issue of tea price and the poor situation of Nilgiris, we discuss for a couple of days and we forget there after. Unless everyone comes out to march, I do not how we are going to face the future with out a true culture, without a happy population, without a prosperous District...................
GOD ONLY CAN ANSWER.

With Love
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gopi

I too completely agree with ur views.

But think once the Oath or promises given by our minister during Election Campaign..

" Enga kathci aatchika banthala Tea price kandippa thasthi madineyoo.."

Certainly the above is an aprt of election manifesto..

Are they keeping the words??

Giving Color TV was an Promises made during the campaign and he had kept his promise..

But what the promise given by our Badaga Minister to our Community ???

Why we dont understand this ??? should we go all sufferings..

Friends share and act ASAP..

deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brothers Gopenath/ Vijay Boj,

Well, I am happy to see your different thinkings. People Think alike ... said Dr Robert Ian Seymour.

Now intolerance is brewing in side the heart of every badaga ,,,[ leave those wiith dhothi in Polical colours -- karai - Vetti ..] , it is KARAI [ AZHUKKU] & they are VETTI [ WASTE].

SHAMEFUL it is to read todays news paper, that "hounurable [?!?] - Khadhi Minister announced bus arrangements at Nilgiri District for PARTY gathering at downsouth at NELLI - District.

The Colour TV Distribution is making money in silent manner. Those who know will be clear that the distribution is VIDEOCON brands of 14", which are unsold units of Picture Tubes from Videocon Manufacturing Unit at a backward Gujarat state. happily dumped on Poor Badaga [ Nilgiri & Taminadu people in general] making them happy temporarily. Any one who is aware about Videocon's Intention.... They bring all unsold Electronic Gadgets from various parts and sell bulk at cheap price by palm greasing the hands of chamelianistic politicians and hood wink the general public.

Rightly as Vijay put it, our Badaga brothern, should have shun it. we all Knew how the same political party lashed at Meekari - Manihatty few years back. Public memory is very short and hence politicians make their hay.

Gopenath, your Money donantion idea is good. Unfortunately on several occasion, I personally suffered that money to specific hands get bungled [ Ana Kotta Ede Hage ..] .

I know, in my village a couple of hands [ Me part to it on Holidays] joined and cleaned a dirty area, which has become a nice garden now.

My suggestion is that we persuade, the Elected Panchayat / Council wards/ MLAs relentlessly by organising silent protest to enhance the basic ameneties in each of our Hattis.

As Vijay puts it, when he visits Chennai, we mobilise the Badaga's at Chennai [ whatever numbers it may be ] and then Coimbatore [Badaga Assn ] to join hands and take one hatti at a time for development of basic amenities. I am sure, the Hatty public will suppport.

Let us plan week ends / Holidays like Diwali, Pongal, Christmas etc..

We shall urge YBA at ooty and respective office bearers to spread the news at Seemai Level.

There are funds allotted by Panchayat Board/ MLA/ MP constituencey development. We shall represent to collectors also with out getting our blood boiled. We shall use RTI act to the advantage of larger public of badagas.

Let us hope. !

Cheers!

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Vijay,
Please note that the promise of giving TV was given by Karunanidhi and they kept the promise. But he never promised to hike the price of tea and so he didnt. It was only our Minister who has given promise whom we know that he is solely dependent on the State Government.
The mistake is with us. We should have thought for a while about the promise they make. This type of promises take place every year and during every elections and it has become very common nowadays. On one hand we are trying to re-establish our culture which is slowly getting faded. On the other hand we are struggling to save our people out of serious conditions. On the other hand we are trying to bring up facilities for hospitals, educational institutions etc... On the other hand we are trying to save our lands which are being sold to outsiders due to low price, and due to which, foreign encroachment has started to begin. I dont think its a good sign for a community development.
Ofcourse its our duty to count the successes on the other part. But we need more attention in these areas rather than success areas.

With Love
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gopi / Dev

Happy to hear of ur views..

Still I am wonder is badagas dont voluntarily come and share their ideas..

This issue is floating among us ..

Why are they not getting invloved.???

DEV , we could plan some thing to organise badagas in Chennai..

I am sure i could collect many peoples ..

deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother Gopenath,

You put is rightly. They didn't promise - so they didn't do it. True. When truly qualified people vent their ideas with love and zeal still more points will come and we can go on cosolidating with Badaga Assns at Chennai & Coimbatore.

Brother Vijay.

As Gopenath, put it in one of the previous messages also, people are not participating. Let us not pull who are not reading/ not interested, whatsoever the reason be.

It is good, if you can mobilise people at Chennai. Personally, I have about a dozen contatcs at Chennai and one office bearer by name Bobbili. I will request him to mobilise the group at your time of arrival to Chennai. Let me know your date and duration of stay at Chennai and place of stay.

I stay near Chinmaya Nagar & work at Manapakkam .

We can make the psuedo groups in Chennai to join together.

Let the ball keep rolling.

Cheers!

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Dev Anna and Vijay,
My wishes for your efforts to mobilise our group in Chennal. I hope this also would be successful in Coimbatore. As far as I know the situation is more complex in Coimbatore. Already there exists an Association but to my knowledge I knew that some youngs were trying to establish a new one and I did not know of what purpose they decided to go for a second one.
And Vijay you put a question why our people dont share their thoughts. Its far better that some of our brothers are not so interested in discussions but will you not be shocked to hear that some of them even went a step beyond. They were insisting me not to do these discussions and better I do my work.
But I am not bothered what ever others say in case of blocking my activities. And when I told that I was unable to serve our community in person for the time being and that I wanted to be in touch, they clearly gave me a mocky laugh. I did not want to put their names as it would hurt them.
SImply they ignore the issues by a simple sentence THANAKKU MINJINADHU DHAN DHANAMUM DHARMAMUM. Ofcourse, I agree with the sentence. But I do not know
MANUSHARUGA ADO AASAI GA EE JENMAGA ONDHUNU MINJA, INNU ELLIDHARI DHANAVU DHARMAVU MADIYARA? Please note that I did not mention this in common because I know a lot of our people do a lot of service without any expectations. This is only for those who deny to serve the society. Any way what ever it is lets not hurt them also. Its purely their personal and we do not have rights to talk about others.

With Love,
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even I too heard of our badaga association in Coimbatore..

That was not smooth going , there were some hitches all the way.

Even this too happens in Bangalore too..

There is some complexity problems happening between peoples .

One thing to keep in mind that not all our badaga guys are in same page..

Some guys doesnt have the generousity to treat the felow badagas equally for the fact that he is not equal in status ,

Eg: IT guys in Bangalore treat the guys who work in Small company a bit differently..

Not all guys are like that, only a few,,

Arpannuku Valvu vantha artha Rathiriyle Kotai Pudipan..

There is a famous Badaga Proverb

"uttithama thindhalaey ota bendhara , nannama thindhalaey nan yenthara.."

They dont want nothing to do for our community , but they will work for upliftment of some other services.

As Gopi told that some peoples dont want nothing to do for their community , they dont want others to do tooo..

I dont want to try to beat the air..educate them ...leave them their own way..

Keep going ....

Hope the best...

View next topic
View previous topic