Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
sashok
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is to Mr. Srikumar,
I believe the very purpose of this website is to bring together all the Badaga people who are staying outside our hatties and try to preserve our culture amongst us. There are lots of people who are striving for the same by establishing Badaga association in the cities like Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore and other places. I donít know where you are living and whether youíre aware of these associations and their activities. Also I donít know what makes you to think that our community will not exist. It is really shocking to know your pessimistic thinking. These kind of attitude amongst us will never ever serve any good for the very own purpose of this website and for our community. We, the younger generation of our community, should contribute something to preserve our culture.

Ashok
subramanianbheman
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said Ashok, i also agree to the fact that we, the younger generation should take the responsiblity to continue with what our elders have left to us, its really sad to know that people , the so called educated, a few individuals , are being a threat to our culture,its high time they change the way they think and pass the same to others
srikumar
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well well...I never thought the topic would take such a serious turn...If you call being practical as pessimistic I really feel sorry for you...I hope you have read all the posts from page one and i you havent I suggest you do...Because I definitely believe if you do, you certainly would relate to my views.

And as for the association stuff, I am perfectly aware that they 'exist' as I have even performed during an annual get-together...But I do apologise for not being able to attend any of those during the past four years as I have been away from home, considerably busy with my studies.

And finally I never meant that our community would cease to exist...I apologise for having badly phrased my thoughts...This topic was started regarding a divorcee advertising for a marriage without caste in mind...I merely meant that there would come a day when people (read Badagas) would simply wont mind if such marriages took place...Even now I see quite a lot of Badagas accepting marriages with other castes either whole heartedly or just shrugging off saying 'It's their problem, who are we to question them?'

And even after reading all this you think that I'm the pessimistic guy who is going to bring the culture down, I guess you are the ignorant ones who can't differentiate between idealism and reality. I merely stated whats happening around us and NOT what I'm personally going to do as a member of the badaga community.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sri Thats true, but we need to find ways to stop it...If we just dont mind about intercaste marriage, im sure that none can save our community. icon_sad.gif
srikumar
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now THATs a suggestion vivekraju!! Good one!! But the government fully supports inter caste marriages. I had recent information from a good source that people were fined by the hatti for such a marriage...and the police were brought in by the defendants...an enquiry is going on.

This maybe the Badaga way of life but the government dosen't seem to approve of it and appears to be very firm about it. Now if people are willing to face the government to uphold the Badaga traditions THATs courage...But when people already don't mind will they actually go to the extent of facing the government?

Do you think they would really put their family(read finances, time and energy) at stake for the sake of the community?...If they did that well what can I say theyre...I really have no words to describe their courage!!!

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Government supports everything from intercaste marriage to inter-religion change etc...But we as badagas should understand the tradition and culture and then act accordingly...Currently 98% of Badagas oppose intercaste marriage but remaining 2% might influence others too,so we should be active enuf to stop this.
srikumar
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What do you exactly mean by active enough vivekraju? Like I said the most we can do is teach our children the traditions and values...I seriously doubt anyone would ever risk facing the embarrasment of being told to 'mind their own business' when they try to bring this topic into discussion.

Just think about it...How would you feel if someone said that to you? Would you ever think of bringing that topic into talk again?!! Thats life...Ego is a very powerful driving force and one of the greatest part of it is the fear of embarrasment.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We can do nothing in that case...As far as this forum is concerned we r not here to advise or influence people,we just post our ideas and suggestion,we cant force anyone here and we don have rights tooo...
srikumar
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly !!! THATs what I've been trying to say all along... icon_cool.gif

Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoever intiated the topic I really feel sorry for that person. U are so very obsessed about our cultural values you missed to notice, you have poked your nose into someone else private matters and really defeated the purpose of our cultural values. Please dont put forth such matters into a discussion forum.

Raj
nramesh
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why the matrimonial module in this site, is restricted to registered users? I mean, why another registration is required for accessing the matrimonial module? Is there any reason?

I would suggest making the Badaga matrimonial module public. Please donít restrict it to the registered members alone. Let it be exposed to everyone.
It is an advertisement. It is effective only if more people access it and find it useful.

Thank You,
Ramesh N
ootyraaj
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ahahaha.... very smart purni, ur right, keep it up. i thinking nothing wrong in it. more over its better to stop this issue. let us spend our valuable time in developing our community. so plzzz stop this matter at this point. icon_lol.gif
ootyraaj
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok friends, i am a sr. lecturer, working in Chennai. as part of my Ph.D research on our badaga community, i came to know major draw back in our community. yes, we had research sample from the youth at the age group of 10-18 and we found 80% of them are not aware of our culture and ritual values of our community. i mean the 4th generation of our community (present youth), were not aware of our culture and ritual values. plz i need a valuable views on this issue which will help for my research. my research topic is " COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT AND CULTURAL BEHAVIOUR AMONG BADAGAS- WITH SPECIAL REFERANCE TO RITUALS AND FESTIVALS ".

I am waiting for ur valuable views.
balsu_01
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck with ur research,
I have no clue abt our rituals . I have been to hetthai habba, other than that I have no clue . U can't blame the current generation for this. This is the parents upbringing. They haven't explained anything of rituals. This is for people who live in cities.
ootyraaj
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi thanks a lot for ur replay, yes ur right that our elders have not taught us anything regard out rituals. but do u have any idea to make ur youngester to feel abt badaga.

View next topic
View previous topic