Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Members.

Take a closer look at Badaga web site. The number of persons enrolled remains at 1018 for quite some time. This was less than 1000 by few numbers couple of months back. That would mean only 20 and odd memebrs have registered in the badaga website in the last several months.

The figure 1018, is far less than 1% [ 0.68 % actully ] taking the populace of badagas in 304+ hatties is 1,50,000.

Does that mean the quantum of Badaga's graduated in the last academic year is less than 20. OR does that means the less awareness of Badagas who qualified to use computers is less than the figures mentioned. Or the quantum of qulaified Badaga's is less than 1100 only in all 304+ hatties ?

Whichever way one looks at it, it is clear taht, the message has not spreded across.

Therefore, dear fellow members, can we ask fellow "hatti" people to get registered and keep communication spreaded for the betterment of our community.

Also, I request, the Badaga website admin members to make details of employment and contact numbers available to one and all as in Dubai badaga web site. If need be, on individual member's request, their contact details may be hidden for any inconvenience foreseen by members.

Can we take it further ahead with new look & drive ?

Cheers !

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Sir,
I am Gopenath. I read your message under ´Where all the Badagas have gone´. Your Question was good. But I have another one related to this. You are much concerned about the remaining population who have not registered at this site. But I am much more concerned about the people who have already registered.

let alone the people who have not registered. But did you have a sensus about the percentage of people who come in contact among these 1018 members. I could say hardly 20 members among 1018 have some messages now and then. Now what happened to the existing 998 members who have already registered.

I am of sure that when the remaining 998 members start coming in then there will no wonder 1,50,000 people are not far from your thoughts. So lets invite first all the members who have registered to be in link. I know all our brothers and sisters are very busy but if they could spend hardly 10 to 20 minutes per week, then atleast there will be an increased ideas and perspectives in all aspects.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Brother Gopenath,

Thanks for your reply for looking at the other side of the coin. I have been reading your writtings in the past couple of weeks.

You really raised the good question apt for doctoral student. .i.e. spending 15 to 20 Mins every week to get connecting 1018 members.

That only indicates those who read various articles as seen by the viewership numbers displayed against articles have chosen their priority elsewhere than getting connected. In otherwords, in the world of connectivity thro' web, our fellow brothern chosen to be webbed by alternate thoughts keeping their time busy getting untangled.

Well ; exactly for the same reason, I have requested our Badaga.org admin members to come up with contact ids like mail / phone etc, in line with dubai Badaga association web pages, which our admin team is still to take a upward look.

Nevertheless, at least let us be contacting thro' mails & badaga.org pages and see how far we can go ahead.

Go ahead with your spiritual feelings and doctoral work while contributing thoughts to our fellow badagas.

Cheers!

gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Anna,
Thanks for your reply. I am very happy.
And one more thing I would like to share is that it is not really apt to any Doctorate to spend 10 to 20 minutes per week.Its really very very less. Because I know how much time we spend unnecessarily daily. I quoted the timings of 10 to 20 mins per week because atleast they could get connected once a week besides their busy schedule.
Its all in our hands to make time for ourselves towards a good task which I believe. And more over I know how many people visit my writings everyday. Its very less which may indicate that they may not be interested in my topics. But its not for the 1018 members that I put my topics daily, but having in mind that there will be some one who may be interested towards Moral and Simplicity in life may like my topics.
Its the time for us to wake up from a long sleep. Even if we dont wake up now then´´ THE STORY WOULD BE LIKE THE CAMEL ENCROACHING THE TENT´´. Its the immediate need of the hour to get moralised and be ready to help people without expecting any feedback, awards or rewards.
So as a small step towards the Morality and Simplicity in Life which makes us ready to understand the reason of everyone of us being brought into this Earth, I put my topics daily with a great hope that one day everyone of us Love each other and serve each other, there by giving away the materialistic life which gives nothing but pain in life.
I once saw that my topic which i posted in the Badaga Community Forum was pushed to the General Topic Forum mentioning that my topics are not related to Badaga people in any means and so it should lie in the General Topic forum. BUT I DINT KNOW HOW TO JUSTIFY THAT MY TOPIC IS FOR EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL TOWARDS MORALITY IN LIFE. ITS NOT FOR THE CAUSE THAT I WANT TO SPREAD SPIRITUALITY BY THIS MEANS BUT ITS ONLY TO PLEAD OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF LIFE IN THIS MOMENT WHERE MOST OF US HAVE LOTS OF MONEY BUT NOT PEACE. SO LETS ALL JOIN HANDS IN HELPING EVER AND HURTING NEVER.
I believe that a few people like you who have immense attitude to guide the youngsters in the right path, would completely change our community from this state of poverty to a rich ever growing community. (Please note that poverty not only means money but in all aspects of Education, Health, Service, Love and affection, Tradition, Culture, Heritage etc,etc.... where I think we are day by day growing poor due to our ignorance.)
SO I HEREBY PLEAD ALL YOUR GOODSELVES TO TAKE STEPS IN GUIDING US KEEPNIG IN MIND HOW TO GROW RICH AND ESTABLISH OURSELVES IN THIS WORLD OF KALI YUGA:
Dear Anna if possible please try to share this message with other elders who are working very efficiently in this forum so that everyone comes forward to help the younger generation. As I am new to our web most of them dont know me and I dint know how to reach them all.
Always expecting your views and thoughts

Yours Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother Gopenath,

That's the well said thoughts. To help others is not to give some one money, but to show the way how money is to be earned - I opine.

I am keen, if education is given to all and barest necessity like water and hygene is provided in the hatties, people will, find time to go ahead with better utility of 24 hours.

Though, Our forefathers lived healthy life by hard working and helping others, the modern day generations opt to live isolated for pecuniary benefits. Nevertheless, there are no shortage of personnel of good intentions.

let each and every well intentional personnel do their own contribution in all the factors to whatever extent possible ,you said for betterment of Badagas and the society in largescale.

Let us be proud to be Badagas. let us proud to be quality people in the society.

may god bless to produce more people with wiser thinking.

Cheers.

sendhil15
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that there are many other reasons why the number of people who have registered/registering is less. One of the main reason is getting your registration approved in this site is very difficult. In my family, my brother and cousin are two who are having pending registrations in this site. I geuss there may be many like this.
There are 1,167 members in Orkut Badaga community and the community was started in November 20, 2005 and as far as I remember this site was started before year 2000.I used to vist this site in the days when it had a black back ground. I also think that many ppl registered in this site are not in orkut so if we combine orkut and this site i geuss it will soon cross 2000.
Hope the concerned people and clear out all the back log. May be there should also be a medium to encourage more registrations.
Thanks,
Sendhil Halan
Rochester Hills-MI
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Senthil Halan,

Thats one of the good points that you brought forth. I donlt know where the web adminsteration team operates from. In all probability, it could be from US.

It is pathetic that this web site had black past and Orkut have more badaga Members.

May I request you to activate the admin team. and wipe out the black past activities.

Admin team , kindly see that the remedies are activated.

Cheers!

Devarajan

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

deva_mathan wrote:

It is pathetic that this web site had black past and Orkut have more Badaga Members.

May I request you to activate the admin team. and wipe out the black past activities.

Dear Mr. Devarajan Mathan,

Mr. Sendhil Halan is referring to the black background color of the previous design of this website.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Admin Team,

May you kindly look into other issues raised by various people in this site ?

Cheers !

coolguy
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

though orkut has 1100 members its of no use ................... only 30- 50 members are active
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Members,

Well - be it Orkut, Badaga.org, Dubai Badaga Association or any other, let us hope, we have a crosslink to each of these sites. It is preferable that, some one in ORKUT advise the members to get enrolled to badaga.org, which is the first of its kind and attained good level of maturity, thanks to the efforts of the organisers.

As we see about 18 members joined in the last two weeks. As more feedbacks are received from more members, more clarity will be in place in the days to follow.

Thro' this forum, I suggest to the admin team to send mass mail to all members to update their profiles, Delete Old Jobs, and establish contact info displayed[ it may be hidden if the concerned member does not want to make it public]

sendhil15
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another good point raised regarding display of contact details if some one wishes to give access to all other registered members.
Another suggestion is to give the option of updating the mail ids. I rarely check the mail id which i gave during registration and i think this may be the case with many old members. I hope this should not be an issue assuming user id is the key field.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sendhil15 wrote:
Another good point raised regarding display of contact details if some one wishes to give access to all other registered members.
Another suggestion is to give the option of updating the mail ids. I rarely check the mail id which i gave during registration and i think this may be the case with many old members. I hope this should not be an issue assuming user id is the key field.

Any information in your personal details including email address can be updated by logging in to your account and clicking on the 'Edit Profile' link.

We do allow Members to choose to keep their details viewable to other members or make it private. Currently only some level of detail is viewable due to many Members' requests to remove certain information from the default display after we had a few cases of misuse of some members' personal contact information that was taken from this website.

If any member wishes to contact another they can do so using the 'Personal Message' system by clicking on the 'Contact' link in the Member's profile. This method routes their communication via the website without revealing the actual email address. However, using the Personal Message system members can exchange contact information to establish further direct communication.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Admin Team,

Looks like slowly member ship count is increaing. From 1018 it has crossed 1040 in the last couple of weeks. When numbers increases controlling becomes an issue and abuses/misuses , some times innocently some abuses may drop in.

It is good policies are available. But still several may miss reading it.

If some abuses are reported by affected person, admin may send a mild "hint" notice to the concerned member.

If done 2nd time, without revealing ID the type of abuse may be published in web site.

If it is 3rd time, then the name of the abuser be made public.

I hope that will solve the issues.

Any way admin team is the best judge ! They know the difficulties of maintaing such big task.

keep Going !

Cheers!

lokeshwari
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I posted this site's URL on orkut asking those not registered to register here. But the responses have all been about the time taken to get yourself registered.

I understand that admin started doing this voluntarily. Now that we have so many people, cant we have additional people in admin and clear the backlog.

We can have someone dealing with just registrations. Once we sort this out , iam sure we will have more people registering. The other sites or easy and instant to join. that is what attracts everyone.

First we need to make changes to the site and the way it functions. We need to make it more user friendly. I know it costs more money. We can bring in donations or let badaga businessmen use this for advertisement. This way we make money and also make this website global in terms of badaga people using it more frequently.

The home page also needs changing. May be something colourful with pictures of ooty greenery.

These are just ideas. Some may be feasible and some may not. Suggestions welcome.

View next topic
View previous topic