Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
jrajagopalan
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is very sad to notice in our community that very huge crowds are invited to witness a small functions like 'kunna kunavega Mottai aakkudhu'
'Madakkai Muttuvathu' 'Nichaya Maduvathu" etc.Yes, I agree that these small functions are important but they do not warrant such a huge gatherings. Now a days, the money spent for conducting a "Nichaya" is just equal to what we spend for the marriage itself.Yes , you can guess what I am going to tell all about.
Alcoholism:
In my opinion, the hard earned money of our community is simply being wasted on these functions where Alcohol is made almost compulsory.One can not deny the fact that many and many families are ruined in each of our hattis because of alcoholics.Not a single gathering where people do not talk about the liquor.It is heartening to see lot of our people spending their time around the Liquor shops.Whenever we heard about any death anywhere in our hattis,people say,'Ama kudi dhasthi".
May I request my brothers abroad to find a way or a medicine by which our addicted brothers can be saved from this cancerous habit.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometime back, it was heartening to note that drinking was banned in functions & 'habba's in my village.. I am not sure if the ban is still in force. A news paper clip says during Diwali season mini centre like manjoor [ surrounded By hatties] collected over Rs 3 Cr Revenue". Imagine this fund is used for some social cause like water tanks & home water pipe lines, roads or any other good social cause to the development of hatties.

The money squanders in drinks sometimes shamelessly beg fellow members, bringing home nuisance. Local hatties to enact public nuisance laws to curb such menace makers

View next topic
View previous topic