Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ksunder
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

12/01/2007
ABUDHABI

I HEREWITH BRING TO THE ATTENTION OF OUR NAKKU BETTA JENA, THAT A NEW AUDIO ALBUM NAMED NENJUGA NIMADHI WILL BE RELEASED BY THE END OF MARCH 2007.
THE ALBUM WHICH CONSISTS OF NINE SONGS IS PRODUCED BY K.SUNDER OF KAPPACHY VILLAGE, MUSIC BY MANO OF ANIKORAI AND LIRICS BY ABIMANYU, SUNMUGAN,S.L RAVI OF NANJANAD, DEVARAJ OF KARAKORAI AND GANAPATHY FROM KAUATTY.THE ABOVE SONGS ARE SUNG BY SUNDER,MANO,RAVI OOTY,AND REENA FROM PALAKKAD.I BELIEVE AND HOPE THAT THE ABOVE NINE JEMS WILL REALLY REACH YOUR NENJUGA NIMADHI.

BY K.SUNDER
ENGG INSPECTION
GASCO
ABUDHABI U.A.E
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In recent times more and more of our people are coming out with Badugu albums which is quite appreciable. On my visit recent visit to hatty and Beragini for the Hethai Habba, I had purchased 2 CD's and one Cassette of 3 different producers. Although the beats are enjoyable, the sad aspect is increasing adulteration of Tamil in our mother tongue. This is quite disheartening. I wouldn't like mentioning the songs here since all the albums are in their selling spree working on their return on investments, but this issue might have long term implication on our future generation.

I wish our lyricists use maximum Badugu and nil or very minimal Tamil in their songs. Budding lyricists must take a cue from Nundhala M.Krishnan whose songs albeit their mass appeal, have very minimal tamil words.

Although not a Tamil Chuvanist by any means, this is a genuine concern of mine as Iam afraid that our mother tongue loses its charm when adulterated.

Hope this request will reach the producers concerned.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
ksunder
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes Mr Hari I am obliged to take necessary precaution to ensure that the Tamil words in the album is minimal or nil as you have requested for and in fact the lyricist in this album has added some words for instance as “aaral endhu na eguana navelay endhu na paaduvana” in a duet song . I believe that the, meaning of navelay in badagu language which means a peacock, will not be recognized by many of them if not most of the badagas though it is a pure badagu word for the bird. I have heard our people calling it only as mayilu. A question mark arises in their face as to what it stands for if aaralu and navilu words were spoken or sung. We have added these words in spite of that to make these words be known as per the lyricist’s request and I take pride of that in introducing such words.
In this album, simple badagu lyrics with good music composition without any adulteration to conserve the originality have been taken care of.

Yours faithfully
K.Sunder
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr.Sunder,

Thanks for your understanding and acknowledgement.

My "naakubelli" suggestion for you...

Pls use as many lost Badaga words as possible and make people curious...

Alongwith the CD's and Cassettes, supply the lyrics of all the songs (In Tamil) folded inside them (Like most of the english album producers do) and in the last page of the booklet, give synonyms for those difficult Badugu words in colloquial Badugu. This might cost you a rupee or two more, but then, your contribution to the community will be immense (I dont think any Badugu Producer has done this before). Chances are that this innovation might spurt your sales too.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr.Sunder,

Thanks for your understanding and acknowledgement.

My "naakubelli" suggestion for you...

Pls use as many lost Badaga words as possible. This will generate curiosity.

Alongwith the CD's and Cassettes, supply the lyrics of all the songs (In Tamil) folded inside them (Like most of the english album producers do) and in the last page of the booklet, give synonyms for those difficult Badugu words in colloquial Badugu. This might cost you a rupee or two more, but then, your contribution to the community will be immense (I dont think any Badugu Producer has done this before). Chances are that this innovation might spurt your sales too.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.

View next topic
View previous topic