Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
drrams
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

None of the posts reflects the concept of whether you respect the culture or disrespect the same, infact everybody respect their culture & tradition, and exceptional cases, may be a couple in billion..... are inevitable.

" NANGELLA MODHALU DEVARA MAKKA " – Although we believe and may be true that we are all indeed God’s own children as you've quoted, we've have neither seen nor talked even a couple of words with him todate. Since you are a literature graduate as you had mentioned elsewhere if I’m not wrong, you might have crossed a piece of quotation which was written by an eminent person who knows literature more than us, stating that…..

MAATHAA PITHAA GURU DHEIVAM ” – mother, father, guru- a person who directs us in a right way and God. To put across sentimentally, for each and every individual…. “OWWETHA MODHAL DHEVARU”.

Well, when they do happen once in a while, your request is reasonable; of course there is no need to curse those souls after all we are all human beings and the explanation regarding the same has already been mentioned by vivekraju. In addition to that, a recent report (undocumented!!) implies that there are 20+ inter-caste marriages (with badaga girls) happened in and around coimbatore since for the past less than half decade. Although 20+ is a countable number (I'd say negligible) compared to the world population, it’s a huge number as for as a small community, our badaga is concerned I believe. If it continues,……...I think no need to explain……….

Though I am just 30, am sure that you must be younger than me and here is a GENERAL CONCEPT in connection with your piece of writing (that is your own opinion...understood)………………..I shall continue believing in what I always have and u shall also do the same ………………

Even if we are well educated and etc, we may not know whether what we have with us is right or wrong and we need tips from elsewhere to realize and, to come to a conclusion…may be partial, irrespective of xyz. To put it in tamil…

KATRADHU KAI MANNALAVU
KALLAADHADHU ULAGALAVU

This is highly applicable for everyone and even for those who are counting their days or hours as well.

Should I say no offence meant.....??? Hope everybody understands icon_smile.gif

I appreciate you for some of your valuable thoughts!!!

Rams

Last edited by drrams on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In a lighter way Rams,

KATRADHU KAI MANNALAVU
KALLAADHADHU ULAGALAVU minus(-) Kai mannalavu...

In spite of our community being diversified and our core culture being adulterated by other communities, people in hatties are still particular about our culture... icon_smile.gif

For the first time, upto my knowledge, I heard a cremation of a Badaga man was done in Coimbatore Electric Crematorium and not at his village. Quite Disheartening... icon_sad.gif ... i think, its a step down from our culture...

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I see lot of things discussed regarding the topic in a great detail.Number 20 looks nothing when compared to total population but for badaga comunity its large-well said Mr.Ram.One needn't differenciate that they are polished by thougt or highly eduacted by gett' a better half from different community ,according to me its just their ignorance at extreme.Its simply a creative destruction.

warm regards
Nanjundan Bhojan
santhosh1223
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Guys ,

Was jus looking into the topic and it seems to be a very intense topic . I do respect all your valuble thoughts and feelings on this issue .

We all play a critical role in building a new trends and culture within badagas, in which the highest standards of cultural ethics are consistently adhered to throughout the society . I do see that we speak pro and cons on this issues but where are we heading up too ?? It clearly states Modern VS Tranditional values . Well Its good to talk that why badagas are still harsh on these grounds but we need to understand that its the key priorities being set by the elders to preserve the traditional values and ethics .Yeah , i do respect love and the feelings behind it but here its not the question of we being modern, educated etc etc ...but the right to preserve the tradition and respect for your loved ones ...icon_smile.gif

Everyone within the society has an obligation to come forward if they see something that isn’t right. On a number of occasions in past, we stood by just watching the show but we never speak .... Did anyone of us had a guts to speak about this with anyone of the elders . I would say majority would be NOOO...

Building and maintaining a winning culture should be our Key Priorities and requires everybody’s active participation.

Guys all the best and catchya some time later ....

Please dont hesitate to key in an email or spam with the thoughts ..

Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you. Until we meet again!!!! Good luck

Santhosh
manojmathappan
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,
I just visited our forum after a few weeks and could see that there is a
hot topic being discussed here.

I personally feel that the thoughts expressed by Kausalya were just great.
Because i do see a lot of truth in it, first of all we need to be ashamed of lot of other things than whatever discussed here. In my view it was broad minded thinking by Kausalya. Opinion differs from one individual to other.

Let us respect others opinion. I could request you all to just go and read Kausalya's first reply again. Read the lines starting with "We are not ashamed of". None of us can deny that it is not true. She has written the fact.

Inspite of all these things we need to accept the fact that inter caste marriage in our community has a lot of practical difficulties. It is not only for the people getting married but also for their children. Some dare to face what may come. But most of us do not dare to do this.

After all we are human beings, let us wish for the well being of people who get married out of our community and not curse them. It is their personal decision and let us respect it. It is their life. When they chose to face the practical difficulties by their decision it is their problem.

I would like to conclude that the youngsters today are mature enough.
"Better get married to a girl/guy in our community". If there are any exceptions let us not hurt them. Let them be happy too.

Regards,
Manoj.
im_sathish
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys, hold on.
de posting in tiz forum is 4 love marriage r 4 inter caste marriage in our community...
pls clarify.....

Regards,
Sathish Arjun
arajesh
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ravibalraj wrote:
Hi brothers and sisters,
the same i am also
icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
Recently, I saw this type of marriage (when I was in my vacation to native(Manjoor) place - Manjooran -Im working in Kuwait) in our Kundai Seemai. But it was not a love marriage but its worst as the girl from badagu married a tamilian. But Im very surprised that their parents not object this marriage and also bring them to village and staying with them.

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif
Im very shame about this happens in our community.

Ravibalraj
(Manjooran)
ootyraaj
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi friends,

i am a lecturer working in Chennai. as part of my research, i came to know that after the independance (1947) our badaga community have crossed its 3rd generation. very sad part of it is that, the coming 4th generation will forget the values of our badaga community. i kindly need ur views and comments on this regards. u can mail me to ootyraj@gmail.com or even u can call me at +919381039442. -Rajesh. R
timothyravinder
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello sisters and brothers,

it is not that we must be ashamed of "love marriages" or that we should be ashamed more of happenings other than "love marriages". the time is ripe. it is important that we imbibe good values and morals to our children and also to inform them of the benefits of marrying within ones own community.

our forefathers have maintained this integrity and handed over to us that we would maintain this line of thought. This does not mean that we need to "closed" in our view of life and our way of life.

It is the responsibility of us -parents and elders to see that our children unfold the right path.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
bellielic
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[ color=blue]Hi everybody,
Mixed opinions for the Love Marriage in our community with other community. Here is my humble opinion.
The Manjoor incident, I think, may happened in a poor family or middle class family, as they are in the hatty still.
But this kind of Love marriages with the other community people, are taking place for the past 60 or 70 years.
In most of the cases, happened before, the girl or the boy from our community is belonged to a Rich Family, particularly from the family of our Community leaders.
This kind of marriages will not be crtizised by us, because they are rich people, and they are not living in the hatties.
Nowadays I seen many love marriages with other community were arranged by the parents themselves, which I witnessed in person.
Regards/[color]

Starter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hallo dear friends...
the uniqueness of our community is that we always try to maintain and keep up the rich tradition that was handed over to us by our great forefathers. as a result, it is fascinating to note that how our community has developed from strength to strength. where will we be without the good guidance and support of our dear parents and grandparents who constantly tell us to watch our step, especially when we become adults.

with the changing situations and context in the society and our busy life, we tend to forget to give meaningful guidance to our children at the appropriate time and place. we need to catchup on this backlog.

Some do not take this seriously and therefore end up with problems for e.g. the "manjoor experience". When such things happen it is the unkindest cut even if it had happened in rich families.

there is no point in talking about spoilt milk . let us contribute and facilitate that our children do not step on the wrong side of the road .

i would be interested to know about the "manjoor incident". will anyone tell me what exactly happened!

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
timothyravinder
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ootyraaj wrote:
hi friends,

i am a lecturer working in Chennai. as part of my research, i came to know that after the independance (1947) our badaga community have crossed its 3rd generation. very sad part of it is that, the coming 4th generation will forget the values of our badaga community. i kindly need ur views and comments on this regards. u can mail me to ootyraj@gmail.com or even u can call me at +919381039442. -Rajesh. R

dear mr rajesh,
there are a few who have drifted away from the mainstream badaga life which has later made them to think a lot. such instances do not end as in a fairy tale "...and they lived happily ever after"

it is important that our community members who live outside the purview of the large family hatti must have constant touch with the family back in the hatti and the vice versa.

when there are more badagas in one area outside the hattis for e.g. chennai or bangalore or even europe or america, someone must accompany them that the values and the morals are imbibed in them. this may cost money but the effort is worthful.

arunvibhu
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Folks,

It is good that everyone in our community is concerned about this. But I am afarid that in future we will not be able to maintain our tradition and culture as most of them are settled abroad.

But any way, thanks for each one you for creating this awareness. Hope it sends a strong message to the present generation

Arunkumar Halan
Bangalore
Village: Bengal
ahalan@apc.com

Starter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I was wondering, why do we go for other community love marriage? When you have a real best one is available in our community itself. Just you may be need a little more search.

I have been to many places in India as well abroad and met few Badaga people married with other community (Tamil, Hindi, American, European, African, etc., ), none of them are happy. They realize the mistake just after couple of month. Now they say, OUR PEOPLE AND OUR PLACE is the great in the world.

I request our young people to think about this message before going for it.

Appreciate and thanks to all, who ever respect our community and maintain our culture.

Thanks,
Ramesh
Toronto - Canada
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is all about marry in haste and repent in lsisure.

Definitely there is no dearth of [Un] qualified boys & Girls in our community. In several cases it because of parochial approach of parents and supposed to be gaurdians who does not understand the biological need of their offsprings with age the boys/Girls take steps of their supposedly right [!?!] direction of marrying outside the community.

One of the parents felt because of his daughter was dark in skin colour several boys in the community refused and hence the girl opted for boy of her choice outside the community though she was qualified.

Even a qualified Girl of better education with good skin coulour did this. It is time we take the opinion of those who chose outside the community and come to a real time conclusion than opinions gathered.

Several times it is the care takers who are at fault.

Deva - Kilkunda
94861-75360

View next topic
View previous topic