Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In the last few years, due to mushrooming growth of Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu [ One must aptly call it Engineering Certificate Shops ], several Badagas [ students of TN in general ] are turning their pocket inside out to get admitted to every possible college. At the end of 4 years several have realised they they have reached no where near getting a decent job.

The Colleges need, MARKS or Money and More Money to get the desired Branch. The Govt only advertises action against colleges but it is only an eyewash. Several students Pay large money to ordinary Colleges where the admission office tell them make believe story and publish unrealistic pictures.

Several parents opts colleges nearby their places, ignoring their ability to provide their wards a quality education and Job.

It is definitely the individuals choice to choose the Institute of their preferences. However, to make good choice of institutute one needs to collect informations about several colleges which is not possible.

Look at the following results.

1. One ECE Engineer roam for 1 year for a job and finally settle for Rs 3,500/-

2. Another Engineer Jobless for 1-1/2 years and go to other states with help of relatives and finally settle for Rs 3,750/ - salary

3. Another one Jobless for 7 years and go to bank as Clerk

4. Several of them after Engineering gets to Call Centre & Medical transcriptions.

5. Few resort to Railways job.

6. One ME graduate is Jobless so far [ 7 months ] and still searching.

7. One gets job for 4000/ at Coimbatore & Moved to Madya pradesh for Rs 6,000/-

8. Sevaral of them joining bad colleges because they do not know about good colleges.

9. Sevaral wants the college quite near to their residence rather than quality.

These are only known few.

Having freinds in Engineering Colleges as faculty and my own experience in One of the Colleges and collecting details from Anna University web site in the last 5 years, I am willing to give options available to badaga Students aspiring to be Engneers. The Choice however rests with individual.

Thoses who are interested may contact me by e-mail deva_mathan@yahoo.com or by phone.

It will also be wise, if badaga Assoctioan at ooty & Chennai arranges such sessions at Ooty, from experts in various fields so that lot of badaga's are benefitted.

Cheers!

andik_bellie
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

very good point Mathan, The people who have good knowledge of the colleges
in tamilnadu should come forward and let the members know which are the good
colleges in Tamilnadu, where one gets good education. So that It will spread through
the members to several badagas.( I have seen the badaga parents asking for
suggesstions from the people who are in good positions ) .

Atleast the members shold suggest the good colleges they know ,
so that we have a collection of good colleges.

-Anandhakumar MB
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother Anandakumar MB [ aka - andik_bellie]

Thanks for your posting reply. It would be unethical to publish names of the collegs in this web site, since it will be read by other members also, and there could be issues of ethics and legal complications.

I am however, willing to offer this information for the benefit of Badaga Parents and aspiring Engineering Students, so that they may decide in favour of certain good colleges in TN - especially Zone 1 - Chennai & Zone 7 - Coimbatore, based on my personal experience and details coleected from Anna University website.

Pl feel free to call me any time on 94861-75360. If need be with the help of needy members we can organize sessions at Badaga association at Ooty, Coimbatore etc.

The informations are from statistics published in the Anna University and Website of Individual colleges which bulk majority of the parents / students are not aware.

Good Luck to one and all again.

Cheers!

View next topic
View previous topic