Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
rabin
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CDs on Badaga songs released

Staff Reporter, Hindu.com Apr 18, 2006

CHENNAI: R.S. Sundarrajan, a state government employee from Ootucamund, recently released two audio CDs in Badaga, a language spoken in the Badaga tribal belt of Nilgiris.

The 43-year-old amateur musician says that it was his dream to nurture his mother tongue. He says he realised that producing audio CDs was the best and only way to make his dream come true, as the language has no written script. "The language will sound like a colloquial mix of Kannada and all the other south Indian languages. This is the first CD in the language, and hopefully more persons will be inspired [to do other things to popularise the language] through this venture," he says.

The State Highways Department employee got established singers, including P. Susheela, to sing devotional and folk songs.

For details, contact Sundarrajan at 9442720351.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/04/18/stories/2006041805820200.htm

Rabin
drrams
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the nice piece of info; yet another mile stone indeed.

Rams
dinesh_sivaraj
Starter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The article mentions that the CD released by Mr Sundarrajan is the first of its kind in Badaga language which is absolutely not a correct news.

Even it mentioned about Playback singers like P Susheela having sung for the first time in Badaga language which is again not a correct news.

Just to be giving a background on the badaga music and songs,

- Audio albums - CDs and Cassettes in badaga language are being produced since 20 years

- There are many professional musicians and singers in Badaga language.

- Most popular among them are Ravi Viswanathan, "Solur' G Raman, Udaya Devan, Hannikorai
Rajendran and Manogar, Milidhane Dinesh, Shanthi Desingh and list goes on...

- Ravi Viswanathan is one such music director and professional musician settled in chennai who has been one of the major contributors with more than 25 albums to his name.

- He still holds the credit and great privilege of having made the great playback singers from Tamil film industry to sing in Badaga language since 1993.

- The first album "Nethiya Barey" was released in 1993 which had songs sung by, the great SPB, Malasiya Vasudevan, P Susheela, Mano, Sujatha, Shahul Hameed, Malgaadi Subha, etc

- There was another album called "Haa Akka" which again had featured SPB, Music director Deva, Gangai Amaran, UnniMenon, Chithra, S Janaki CDs of which were big hit in Badaga language.

- And, the history goes on.....

I, myself a software professional working with HCL Technologies Ltd, Chennai and a professional singer, have sung in more than 30 albums and a couple of films in tamil and kannada, is very proud to tell you that I hail from the Badaga community.

The article when mentioned that its the first CD in badaga language, it was really hurting to all those musicians from Badaga language who have contributed so much to the language since 2 decades.

I have already written to The Hindu seeking clarification regarding the same and hope that The Hindu would definitely make an effort to correct the news article to do justice to all those musicians from Badaga language.

Also would like to let you know that I can be contacted for any information regarding this with all the proofs of what I had mentioned.

Dinesh Sivaraj
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dinesh_sivaraj wrote:

I, myself a software professional working with HCL Technologies Ltd, Chennai and a professional singer, have sung in more than 30 albums and a couple of films in tamil and kannada, is very proud to tell you that I hail from the Badaga community.

Dinesh Sivaraj

Good to hear from u that ur a professional singer.....Very eager to know the song and film that u have sung in Tamil....
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Being a bang on music lover with interests ranging from the Beatles, Pink Floyd to Thangadu L.Krishnan, I have been a keen observer of evolution of Badaga music for long.

It is my privelege to address the forum members through this string that Mr.Dinesh's explanation about the pioneers of electronic Badaga music is true, genuine and foresighted. It started with the KBGA who revolutionised the way Badaga music was heard (Until that moment, most people used to record songs through Tape recorder microphones).

Further refinements happened which brought in organised music, not just folklores, and paved the way for talented Badaga youth to show their mettle and fineness.

Although we are more than happy to see newcomers with revolutionary concepts come into scene, the contribution of the various Badaga and non-Badaga singers to the growth of Badaga music must not forgotten.

The roles played by all the musicians / singers mentioned is so immense that its very difficult to sum up in a few words.

To state in brief " These Guys made Badaga music rock".

Personally, Dinesh's "OOhoo Enga Hethe Hethe, OhOhoo eera Maasi hetthe" is a masterpiece in its own right...and there are hundreds more...Kudos!

Last edited by ebhari on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
vijayboj_81
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi to all

It is true that Thangadu L.Krishnan is one of the prominent singer in our

badaga community and i feel very proud to tell u that i too hail from thangadu.

Any one could take the intiative to release a new album of L.Krishanan songs

so that our badaga community would enjoy the music.

An another gem to be remembered is Bellan fron Kerben
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

We at Yaadh Digital recording Studio, ooty request members having old songs and anyone interested in producing Music/audiovideo CDs to contact us .

Recently Mr.Solur G.Raman, met us and there is a proposal to rerecord and release his first album with the latest state of art music bgm.

Suggestions are welcome

View next topic
View previous topic