Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Poll
Does this relaxation tip help?
Yes 
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no 
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A simple Relaxation process……. This takes only about 20 minutes……. icon_biggrin.gif

1)Sit in a lotus position on the ground or sit on a chair with your back straight.
2)Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths, inhaling for 4 counts, holding for 8 counts and exhaling for 2 counts.
3)Watch your breath for 5 counts.
4)Slowly count 1 to 10 and loosen your body.
5)Now start visualizing – Starting from your forehead, gradually moving down visualizing each and every part of the body from your eyes, ears, nose, neck, fingers, legs to your toes. As you visualize command each part of your body to relax. Do not rush, but move as slowly as possible as you feel your body relaxing.
6)Once your body is fully relaxed, stay calm for 10 counts.
7)Then start spreading good wishes to everyone starting from the self, then your family, friends, neighbors, the locality you live in, colleague, the office you work in, the city, the state, the country and the world. Once you finish spreading the wishes, enjoy the positive vibes within for a couple of minutes.
8)Then slowly start counting 30 to 1 backwards as you slowly become conscious of you surroundings.
9)Then rub your hands and cover your face to slowly rub your eyes and open them.

To be noted:
-It is suggested you do this just before going to bed.
-Do not open your eyes in-between.
-When your body is relaxed, your head may swing towards one side, its ok. Do not try to tighten your body. Remember the whole process is to relax.
-Avoid wearing tight cloths.
-Try to find a serene atmosphere, so that external noise does not disrupt the process.
-If you feel sleepy in the midst of the process, just go to sleep.

Try this out and let me know if it helps…….

Regards
Kausalya icon_smile.gif
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like nobody wants to try this or even comment on this....
Does that mean nobody has the time to relax or dont wanna relax or already relaxed...?????
If anyone knows a relaxation process of a different kind... pls do share it...
For those who dont find time to relax, remember that our body & mind functions better when we relax inbetween our daily work... instead of going on & on....
We need to allot time for it and give it the importance it requires and not give excuses because it doenst make a difference to anyone else other than U. We need to take time to relax and refresh ouselves....
R we doing it?

Regards,
Kausalya icon_smile.gif

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel that No one has the time to do all these things, as like me.

cheers
sathish kumar.R
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Satish, atleast you could spend 5 mins on that. Come on, don't say no!

Kausalya, couple of years ago my sister told me this, I didn't care. But, I took it seriously for the past 4 months and feeling much better, inside. I realise the relaxation technique given by you is the basis of fundamental Meditation.

It feels so good to see young people chipping in with thoughts! Best wishes!

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
sathish_water
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai Hari , I didnt said that i never doing this. Really i dont have time to do this. Because I always use to come offce 9.30 and use to leave After 11 and some times 12. Then i have to read one to two hours for my Phd. After this our mind goes to bed only. when i was in bed i feel that i am relaxed. On sundays i use to go some temples. In that time i feel very comfortable and relaxed much better than this. Any how thanks for your feed back. It seems it might be useful . I will try to do this . Hari r u use to do always this ??????? , In what way u felt better ???????? . can u share with me.

Regds
sathish kumar.R
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hari(shud i say anna, for m sure u must be older than I)
u r right.
This is a basic process. and does not require any professional help.
glad it has helped u.

Some people have the tendency to disregard these processes because they believe there is only one kind of meditation. But that is not the fact. Relaxation processes can vary according to the diffrent schools of thought. For example Sri Sri Ravishankar hinself has different process with slight variations for the kind of group n time it is done.
Sri vedhathiri Maharishi has different steps n so does Sai baba and all other religious leaders(gud or bad, they still do help atleast some people in their own way, so let dat not be the discussion here).
Ultimately all these processes lead to the relaxation or rather the integration of the mind, body and soul which is the ultimate aim. and not a very easy one.

Hope some more people try out this simplest of processes and gain from it.

Satish... since u dont even find 20 minutes to relax... the best u can do is take deep breaths when ever u find time where ever you are. Our breath is a very important factor and when we conciously breath it relaxes our mind n body. Now, u have no excuse not to relax...

Regards
kausalya icon_smile.gif

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Satish,

Being a beginner, I have no special methodologies and still battling around to reach the next level of the spiritual pyramid icon_wink.gif .

It has not brought in any kind of perceivable magic to my life, but I could feel a kind of calmness inside me, which lives on for some moment before the vagaries of normal life catches on once again. But, what I feel is that over a period of time, if I can master the calmness and keep moving forward, then there are much better spiritual quotients on the offing.

I start with placing a lighted candle or more profoundly a "DheeviGey", in front of me, atleast a metre of open space between me and the candle. I was advised to take a bath before sitting, have physical cleanliness before entering the room for meditation. A " BeLLe MunDu" rather than colored clothes would help setting the ambience.

Step1:

I start concentrating on the Candle light for around 5 minutes, keeping the eyes only on the candle. At a point, the candle light becomes very thin or almost invisible.

Step 2:

At this point, I close my eyes throwing away one by one all the worries, concerns, frustrations, materialistic desires, insecurities in life till a point of complete blankness takes over. That is the the vacuum zone. So, I have nothing now. (I could stand this no more than 1-2 mins, but experienced minds can stay for days together in this zone. Complete blankness!)

Step 3:

Now, as Kausalya said, closing my eyes, I start visualizing at the vacuum zone – (Read Kausalya: Starting from your forehead, gradually moving down visualizing each and every part of the body from your eyes, ears, nose, neck, fingers, legs to your toes. As you visualize command each part of your body to relax. Do not rush, but move as slowly as possible as you feel your body relaxing.)

Step 4:

Then I slowly open my eyes and repeat step 1.

Step 5:

When the candle light becomes thin or invisible once again, I close my eyes and then - (Read Kausalya: Then start spreading good wishes to everyone starting from the self, then your family, friends, neighbours, the locality you live in, colleague, the office you work in, the city, the state, the country, the world, the living things like plants and animals and most importantly the people whom you avoid talking to, those who insulted you and whom you consider as enemies. Once you finish spreading the wishes, enjoy the positive vibes within for a couple of minutes.

Step 6:

Then slowly open your eyes. If your eyes shut down and u feel sleepy, just go to sleep.

Kausalya, Iam 31. Pretty much comfortable with however Iam called. icon_smile.gif

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SOunds interesting..Let me try and give my feedback on it icon_cool.gif
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A suggestion to KAUSALYA who started this thread to change the present title / topic to "HEALTH & YOU" for better impact and response.

I know 'Five Minutes is a long time' ( http://from23jvv.blog.co.uk/?paged=15 ) in these modern times, but if that 'short' time can make us healthy and happy, then, it is time, we sit up and take notice.

Like now or rather right now, as you are sitting and browsing this site, try the following Yogic Breathing Exercise (PRANAYAM) for five minutes for, well, ....FOR YOUR WELLNESS ...

ALOM - VILOM / ANULOM-VILOM
(Learnt about this from Astha - Hindi TV channel. Sw.Ramdev's programme from 6 to 8 a.m everyday)

1.Close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale [breathe in] through your left nostril slowly filling up your lungs - not the stomach.

2. Close the left nostril with the ring and middle fingers and exhale [breathe out] through your right nostril.

{ Figures by 'yours truely' }

3. Do it with alternative nostril for ATLEAST FIVE MINUTES AT A TIME EVERY DAY for any impact to take effect.

Benefits: as advocted by Sw.Ramdev ( see http://www.divyayoga.com/pranayam.htm ) include :-

[regular practice of this Pranayam] .....makes the body healthy, lustrous and strong.

All kinds of diseases.... like rheumatism, gout,... diseases pertaining to urinary and reproductive organs,... cold, cataract, sinus, etc... are cured.

Blockages in the arteries of the heart are removed and the arteries become clean, making the circulation unimpeded.

Pathogenic cholesterol, triglycerides, H.D.L. and L.D.L. also get controlled..

Negative thinking is replaced by positive approach to life....

4. If you cannot spare five minutes everyday for your health, relax, for the the end is nearer than you think.

Last edited by bjaypee on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 am; edited 12 times in total
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some how we seem to have time for all activities except our Mind & Body. The Mind & Body requires daily services unlike machines which rrequire periodic services.

We are engrossed in all things around us forgetting what is with in us.

The Alom & Vilom by bejaype and mind calm method by kausalya are much useful. As Wg Cmdr puts it, the end could be far nearer than we think.

If I put it in Rajnikant's style - Late-a yoga Senjalum - Latesta Seyyalam.

Be it Yoga, Breathing Excercises, Reiki and other mind controlling techniques, all are useful. The essence is controlling mind & Body.
This is emphasied in every good life method books and texts almost by every widely known scholars in these fields.

The healthy body is healthy mind.

Let me wish one and all good health & Good mind to one and all.

in this line ' Health & wellnesss" by Dr Ted Hoff makes interesting reading.

View next topic
View previous topic