Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to hot coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said: "If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is but normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups and were eyeing each other's cups.

" Now if life is coffee , then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn't change. Some times, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."

So folks, Don't let the Cups drive you..., enjoy the Coffee instead.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a very useful piece! Enough food for thought for the long weekend, icon_smile.gif Amazing mail . . . damn good!

Art of Letting Go...
---------------------

Dr. Alan Zimmerman's Comments:

Sooner or later, everyone you know will disappoint you in some way. They'll say something or fail to say something that will hurt you. And they'll do something or fail to do something that will anger you. It's inevitable. Unfortunately, you make things worse when you stew over someone's words and deeds. When you dwell on a rude remark or an insensitive action made by another person, you're headed for deeper problems.

In fact, the more you dwell on these things, the more bitter you'll get. You'll find your joy, peace and happiness slipping away. And you'll find your productivity slowing down as you spend more and more time thinking about the slight or telling others about it. Eventually, if you don't stop doing it, you'll even get sick.

So what should you do the next time someone betrays you? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR FEELINGS. Even though the other person may be at fault, even though the other person wronged you, you are still responsible for your own feelings.

In other words, other people do not "cause" your feelings. You choose them. For example, two different people could be told that their suggestions made at the staff meeting were "stupid and idiotic." One person may "choose" to feel so hurt that he never speaks up at any other meeting again. The other person may "choose" to feel sorry for the critic, sorry that the critic couldn't see the wisdom and necessity of her suggestions.

As long as you blame other people for your feelings, as long as you believe other people caused your feelings, you're stuck. You're a helpless victim.

But if you recognize the fact that you choose your feelings and you are responsible for your feelings, there's hope. You can take some time to think about your feelings. And you can decide what is the best thing to say or do.

Then, you've got to learn to WALK AWAY FROM DISAPPOINTMENT. It's difficult to do, but it's possible. The famous 19th century Scottish historian, Thomas Carlyle, proved that.

After working on his multi-volume set of books on "The French Revolution" for six years, Carlyle completed the manuscript and took volume one to his friend John Stuart Mill. He asked Mill to read it.

Five days later, Mill's maid accidentally threw the manuscript into the fire. In agony, Mill went to Carlyle's house to tell him that his work had been destroyed.

Carlyle did not flinch. With a smile, he said, "That's all right, Mill.

These things happen. It is a part of life. I will start over. I can remember most of it, I am sure. Don't worry. It's all here in my mind. Go,my friend! Do not feel bad." As Mill left, Carlyle watched him from the window. Carlyle turned to his wife and said, "I did not want him to see how crushed I am by this misfortune." And with a heavy sigh, he added, "Well the manuscript is gone, so I had better start writing again." Carlyle finally completed the work, which ranks as one of the great classics of all time. He had learned to walk away from his disappointment.

After all, what could Carlyle have done about his burnt manuscript?

Nothing. Nothing would have resurrected the manuscript. All Carlyle could do was to get bitter or get started. And what can you do about anything once it is over? Not much. You can try to correct it if it is possible, or you can walk away from it if it isn't. Those are your only two choices.

Part of the difficulty comes from a common misunderstanding of forgiveness. Forgiveness doesn't mean that the other person's behavior is okay. And forgiveness doesn't mean that the other person is off the hook. He's still responsible for his misbehavior. Forgiveness is about letting yourself off the emotional hook. It's about releasing your negative emotions, attitudes, and behaviors. It's about letting go of the past so you can go forward to the future.

Bottomline: Everyone in your life, everyone on and off the job is going to disappoint you. If you know how to respond to those situations, you'll be way ahead of most people. You'll be able to live above and beyond your circumstances.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Best of 2005 in Tamilnadu

1. Best People service system:
Tamilnadu State Transport system - Even though the Diesel price is doubled in last 2 years, the bus charges are not revised.

2. Best Political Comedy:
Finance Minister saying that Center has given 3000 Crores to TamilNadu for Tsunami relief. Tamilnadu govt saying that it has not got even a single paise from Center.

3. Best People Comedy:
People who occupied the lakes and river banks - saying that water entered their house during the recent flood

4. Best Music Director:
A.R.Rehman - For doing more Hindi films than Tamil films.

5. Best Commercial director:
Thangar Bachan - for selling his movie to Jaya TV for release all over TamilNadu.

6. Best Playback singer:
Illayaraja - Because of taking the opportunity of singing all the songs of 'Thiruvaasagam' by himself - Giving no chance to others.

7. Best TV Serial:
'Mugurtham'. - From the Prime time slot of 9 O clock, moved to 7:30 and then again to 6:30 slot.

8. Best Tamil Patriotic hero:
Actor Suriya - for dubbing all movies to Telugu.

9. Best Movie Promoter:
Actor Suriya - For Praising the stunt, songs and Heroine of movie 'Aaru' like anything even though the movie become a flop.

10. Best 'Vandhaarai Vala vaikkum' State:
Andra Pradesh - for making all Tamil movies super-hit (if the movie has 5 songs and 3 fights).

11. Best Re-make movie:
Anniyan. - For re-making 'Chandramuki'

12. Best 'Aalam theriyamal Kalai Vitta' person:
AVM - producing 'Shivaji' with Shankar.

13. Best 'Busvaanam'(Flower pot cracker):
Actress Kushboo and Suhasini..Who talked much in the beginning and later made no sound.

14. Best 'Pulambal' case:
Music director Bharadwaj. Saying that he was purposefully missed out for National award for 'Oovoru Pookalumae' song in film 'Autograph'.,

15. Best irritating person for Cine Heros:
S.J.Surya - for leaving his profession of Direction and switching to acting - thus increasing the count of existing heros .

16. Best persons lost in Cinema :
A). Actress Simran- after her re-entry into the field after her marriage & child.
B). Actor Parthiban- who made Pooja for 3 movies in one week - but none released.

17. Best persons lost in TV Serials :
Vijay Adhiraj

18. Best Profitable Tamil Weekly :
'Andanda Vikatan' - for raising the book price from 6 to 10 Rs within a shot span of 1 year.

19. Best Product promoter:
'Kungumam' weekly - for promoting products from Shampoo to Groceries..

20. Best multi-skilled personality:
Actor Vijayakanth - for balancing his career between Acting and Politics.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please pass this on to all your frnds esp gals..

Hi,

Have you seen recent advertisement of M/S SAINT GOBAIN GLASSES shown in TELEVISION'S? - Then you must have known about 2 Way mirror & is also shown in Hindi Movie HUMRAAZ). How to determine if a mirror is 2 way or not.(Not a Joke!).Not to scare you, but to make sure that you are aware.

Many of the hotels and ready made apparel showrooms cheat the customers this way & watch privately. HOW TO DETECT A 2-WAY MIRROR When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, trial / changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, r actually a 2-way mirror i.e., they can see you, but you can't see them).

There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms or bathroom or bedrooms. It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by just looking at it. So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we are looking at?

CONDUCT THIS SIMPLE TEST:

Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror. However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE, IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!
(There is someone seeing you from the other side).

So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test." It doesn't cost you anything. It is simple to do. This is a really good thing to do. The reason there is a gap on a real mirror, is because the silver is on the back of the mirror UNDER the glass. Whereas with a two-way mirror, the silver is on the Surface. Keep it in mind! Make sure and check every time you enter in hotel rooms. May be someone is making a film on you..

This one is from Aditi Vyas

I was talking with a lawyer friend of mine. We were discussing the law and women`s rights. She told me about this incident in Pune - a young girl was raped by a man posing as a plain clothes officer; he asked her to come to the police station when she and her male friend didn't have a driver`s license to show. He sent the boy off to get his license and asked the girl to accompany him to the police station. Took her instead to an isolated area where the horrendous crime was committed.

Infact, the law clearly states that between 6 pm and 6am, a woman has the right to REFUSE to go to the Police Station, even if an arrest warrant has been issued against her. It is a procedural issue that a woman can be arrested between 6pm and 6 am, ONLY if she is arrested by a woman officer and taken to an ALL WOMEN police station. And if she is arrested by a male officer, it has to be proven that a woman officer was on duty at the time of arrest.

It is good for us to know our rights. To what extent it comes of use remains to be seen in any situation. But as they say, knowledge is power.

Just thought I`d share this with you.

I did not know this and am sure lot of us don't please be informed.

Thank you

vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey Vinu,

Im getting all these stuff as forward mail,i think u must be a s/w engineer in Bangalore, am i right???? icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

U R Right..... What do u do?

vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm also a s/w engineer in bangalore.......Which firm ur in???
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I work as a Consultant for Motorola.... U??

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wish Everyone a Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New Year.

vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im working for Wipro Technologies...Im from Horasholai near kotagiri where r u from????
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am from Iduhatty...

nanjundan
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi vivek

did u do ur school' from shanthi matriculation school.

regards
nanjundan bhojan
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya i did my schooling there......the same innocent vivek icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
r u my senior or junior????
nanjundan
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi vivek

me ur senior.then howz life .

regards
nanjundan bhojan
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vivek & Nanjundan, Which year did u pass(10th)?
Nanjundan, what do u do and which hatty r u from??

View next topic
View previous topic