Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did enjoy the presentation. It was a reflection of my Ideals. Thankyou.

icon_smile.gif
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house-building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the aycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by.

The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favour. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end a dedicated career.

When the carpenter finished his work the employer came to inspect the house. He handed the front-door key to the carpenter. "This is your house," he said, "my gift to you."

The carpenter was shocked! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently.

So it is with us. We build our lives, a day at a time, often putting less than our best into the building. Then with a shock we realize we have to live in the house we have built. If we could do it over, we'd do it much differently. But we cannot go back. You are the carpenter.

Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. "Life is a do-it-yourself project," someone has said. Your attitudes and the choices you make today, build the "house" you live in tomorrow. Build wisely!

Remember....

Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody is watching.
Love like you've never been hurt.

vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good one Vinu..
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really worth remembering

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem.

One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know What I just heard about your friend?"

"Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling me anything I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter?"

"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test.

The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and..."
"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not.

Now let's try the second filter, the filter of goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true. You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left: the filter of usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be
useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good one and really worth trying the Triple Filter....

rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice one guys ! but people are inclined to investigate, I mean "Highly Inquisitive" What to do !

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A boy was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer near by and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. "Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away.

They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free." he was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

True ...Right??? Start Trying....

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How Business is Done???

Laloo Prasad Yadav talks to his son

Laloo: I want you to marry a girl of my choice.
Son: "I want to choose my own bride".
Laloo: "But the girl is Ambani's daughter."
Son: "Well, in that case..."

Next Laloo approaches Mukesh Ambani

Laloo: "I have a husband for your daughter."
Ambani: "But my daughter is too young to marry."
Laloo: "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank."
Ambani: "Ah, in that case..."

Finally Laloo goes to see the president of the World Bank.

Laloo: "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president.
President: "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need."
Laloo: "But this young man is Ambani's son-in-law."
President: "Ah, in that case....."

This is how business is done!!

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IDEA - offers "License to Lie " service

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1454344.cms

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

10 Best ways to maintain a friendship

Focus on what you can give to a friend, not what you can get out of a friendship. If being happy is your only motive for wanting someone to be your friend, then you are not being a real friend. Don't get caught up in keeping tabs on who has given most to the friendship. Give to your friends regardless of how much they give to you. You can make your friendship strong by giving gifts to your friends. It is not necessary that you only give them costly gifts. For a real and true friend, even a card can be more precious than the costliest gifts.

1. Encourage your Friends:

Real friends inspire and push each other to be the best at what they can be, rather than drag each other down. They are happy when their friends help them in their goals. You, too,should encourage your friend by bucking him up and by making him realize that yes, he can do it, and by giving him a strong supportive hand.

2. Be Willing to Forgive:

Mostly friendships get feeble when there is no one willing to forgive.Due to this, the friendship crumbles and individual wounds turn to grudges. So forgive your friend and move on.

3. Tactfully point out their mistakes:

Pointing out a friend's mistakes can also make him angry, but this is one way of showing concern for him. If you really care, tactfully point out his mistake for his own good. But once you've brought the problem to your friend's attention, don't harp on about it all the time.

4. Don't walk away:

When you see some of your friend's faults be patient. Be patient as your friend tries to change. Realize that nobody is perfect.

5. Be reliable:

First thing in a true friendship is to be honest and reliable. You must assure your friend that you will always be there for him/her. Likewise, you must not mistrust your friend because friendship is very vulnerable to distrust.

6. Don't try to control your friends:

Real friendship does not mean you always have to be together. It may betempting to have a fun person all to yourself, and you might feel threatened when your friend spends time with others. If you are afraid to let your friends out of your sight, you are probably afraid of losing them. Good friendship will endure time spent apart: you and your friends may learn to appreciate each other even more. So don't push your friend to spend all his time only with you. No one likes to be bossed around.

7. Be there for the good and the bad times:

Friends are to share feelings with ... to share things which one cannot share with others, to celebrate with when you are excited - and also to share the downs of life with. Don't think that you are a friend only for the good times. When your friend is upset about something, you must give him your full attention. Lend your friend a sympathetic ear and understand his feelings; celebrate his happiness but also be a part of his sorrows.

8. Learn to accept personality differences:

It is not necessary that your friend has to be exactly like you in personality, attitude and beliefs. Your friend can very well possess a different personality from you. So be careful not to expect your friend to be exactly like you. Accept and appreciate him for what he is - a unique individual, just like you are.

9. Don't be blabber mouths:

Sometimes, while talking to others, we get so excited that we spill our friend's secrets in front of others. This breaks your friend's trust (and rightly so too), and deteriorates your friendship. So learn to keep each other's secrets.

10. Don't let arguments destroy your friendship:

Suppose you are having a discussion with a friend, and he disagrees with what you think is true. Don't keep arguing until you get mad at each other. Just drop the subject of conflict. Your desire to win the argument may ruin your friendship, so the easiest way of closing a controversial topic is to say, "Maybe you are right". Pointless discussions achieve nothing.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I Whine

Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair

I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.

When suddenly she rose to leave,

I saw her hobble down the aisle.

She had one leg and used a crutch

But as she passed, she passed a smile.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine

I have 2 legs, the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy

The lad who sold it had such charm

I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad

If I were late, it'd do no harm.

And as I left, he said to me,

"I thank you, you've been so kind.

It's nice to talk with folks like you.

You see," he said, "I'm blind."

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.

I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street,

I saw a child with eyes of blue

He stood and watched the others play

He did not know what to do.

I stopped a moment and then I said,

"Why don't you join the others, dear?"

He looked ahead without a word.

And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

I have 2 ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I'd go.

With eyes to see the sunset's glow.

With ears to hear what I would know.

I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.

kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today of all days i got to read these beautiful pieces....... some of them tho i have read them earlier......
Me sitting here and doing an evening shift....... working till 1 in the nite....... feeling all sleepy........ and no mood to work..... since i have a long weekend of 4 days starting tomorrow..... these words come as inspiration........ some freshness.......... some new hopes........ smile on my face.......

I would like to share a thot i heard some time back.....
"Remember everyday is a first day of the rest of your life"

Cheers
Kausalya icon_smile.gif
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kausalya wrote:
"Remember everyday is a first day of the rest of your life"

Nice thought... icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45 years old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window.

The Father asked his Son, "What is this?"

The Son replied "It is a crow".

After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"

The Son said "Father, I have just now told you "It's a crow".

After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, What is this?"

At this time some ex-pression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his Father with a rebuff. "It's a crow, a crow".

A little after, the Father again asked his Son t he 4th time, "What is this?"

This time the Son shouted at his Father, "Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'. Are you not able to understand this?"

A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary :-

"Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time h e asked me the same question again and again for 23 times. I did not at all feel irritated I rather felt affection for my innocent child".

While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Father had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Father asked his Son the same question just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.

So..

If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them a gracious word, be cool, obedient, humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents. From today say this aloud, "I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me. They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make me a person presentable in the society today".

Say a prayer to God, "I will serve my old parents in the BEST way. I will say all good and kind words to my dear parents, no matter how they behave".

"One kind word can warm three winter months"

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pepsi fined; condom in bottle

http://in.rediff.com/money/2006/apr/26cola.htm

View next topic
View previous topic