Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
srikumar
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a request to all those participating in the forums...The number of topics is growing out of control...Though there are main topic categories and only a certain number of it can be provided, it is not sufficient to control the number of sub topics in each of the main topics...

So please do not start a topic unless it HAS NOT BEEN IN DISCUSSION in any other topic...And any comments for a particular finished discussion can go into the same topic...Its not that a new topic has to be opened for everyone to read the message...Thats what the legends like Red folder, Blue folder and those with stars are for.

Please remember the more the number of topics the less interesting the place becomes...Because (please don't be offended) 'No one would like to rummage in a garbage can'...And everyone will want to read just the new topics...There are so many that are good old ones that the newer members wont think of reading simply because there are too many.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sincerely hope this message doesn't get lost in the 'garbage can' before people read it, too icon_smile.gif.
Sometime back there was talk of having a seperate page for bloggers. Whatever happened to that idea!
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this point is lost in the Forum.
I dont see this suggestion is even reached out to everyone.
All the frequent posters need to keep this in mind.
If possible, the admin can may be merge some of the topics with heading...... FOOD FOR THOGHT ........ or LIGHTER MOMENTS........ or TAKE A BREAK...... or something on those lines.
That way we will know wat to expect of each topic.
If anybody is reading this...... do response with a YES I AGREE or NO I DONT AGREE.
If not please do follow it hence forth.... not to start a new topic for an anecdote or some quotes........
Hope the admin can help us with this......

Regards
Kausalya icon_smile.gif

Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Today when I logged in to the forum i was taken back by seeing the Username(Russianlolita) of the last registered user. This certainly doesn't look like someone genuinely interested in using this forum for the purpose it is mean't for. I even doubt whether the user is of Badaga origin.

In the topic "If u'r registration has not been accepted" furnishing of incomplete or irrelevant information has been stated as the reason for delays in user activation. So the registration of such users inspite of such strict checks surprises me.

I request the admin to check the credentials of this user. Though one has the right to choose usernames to their liking, websites like this will be betteroff without such users.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. U r right.

In fact, going by the importance of this site on a Community based perspective, it will be better if registrations and postings are restricted only to authentic members with a proper hatty to which they can relate to.

This site is better off not being involved in the numbers game.

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder how the background check is done. How does the admin know who is an aunthetic user.
People can choose any hatti's name for that matter, even if they dnt understand it.
But some genuine logins are still pending. My father's name was registered months back... but still no response.
M bad at these technical part of these functions. Can anybody explain it to me????

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To have enough space, let the admin delete off the postings that do not receive any replies for more than 3 months or how so ever.(except the most popular ones) would that be a better idea admin????

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Admin,
A lot of questions are still unaswered i feel.
Could you please explain to us how long does it take for an account activation. We understand you try to authenticate it, bu dont understand how u do dat.
Everytime I talk to some1 about registering to IBA, they say hey either have registered n waiting or have heard dat it takes a long time for activation and are hence not interested.
I feel we are losing a lot of genuine people who are interested to participate due to reasons only know to the ADMIN.
I am not asking you to explain how u function. But just wanted to knw if thrs a solution for quicker activation.
DO we as members helpin any way to solve this problem?

Regards
Kausalya icon_smile.gif

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

santy_sans wrote:
Today when I logged in to the forum i was taken back by seeing the Username(Russianlolita) of the last registered user. This certainly doesn't look like someone genuinely interested in using this forum for the purpose it is mean't for. I even doubt whether the user is of Badaga origin.

In the topic "If u'r registration has not been accepted" furnishing of incomplete or irrelevant information has been stated as the reason for delays in user activation. So the registration of such users inspite of such strict checks surprises me.

I request the admin to check the credentials of this user. Though one has the right to choose usernames to their liking, websites like this will be betteroff without such users.

ebhari wrote:
Yes. U r right.

In fact, going by the importance of this site on a Community based perspective, it will be better if registrations and postings are restricted only to authentic members with a proper hatty to which they can relate to.

This site is better off not being involved in the numbers game.

Registration and postings are restricted to IBA members only. There are hacking attempts to register a username for this forum so they can start posting spam. That is why you see some unlikely usernames as last registered. But they are inactive until activated by the Forum Administrator, which will not happen.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote: