Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
nramesh
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey Vivek,

Im getting all these stuff as forward mail,i think u must be a s/w engineer in Bangalore, am i right???? icon_smile.gif

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ur right Ramesh....My profession is Ctrl C and Ctrl V icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BRAIN TEASERS

1)What is the easiest way to throw a ball, have it stop, and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?

2)What is at the beginning of eternity, the end of time, the beginning of every end, and the end of every place?

3)When things go wrong, what can you always count on?

4)What is always behind you but you can never touch it?

5)I am never the first to speak but I am always the last to be heard. Who am I?

6)We were born of the same mother, on the same day, at the same hour and in the same year. Yet we are not twins. How do you explain this?

7)Two fathers and two sons were seated round a table. There were four apples on the table. Each of them took one apple and ate it entirely yet there was still one apple left on the table. How was this possible?

8)Before Mount Everest was discovered which was the highest mountain in the world?

9)Here everything is not always in order. For example, Friday comes before Thursday, the cart comes before the horse, the driver comes before the employer. Where are we?

10)When I am alive I stay put where I am. It is only when I am dead that I move about here and there. Who am I?

11)How can you be behind a person when that person is also behind you?

Answers

Throw the ball straight up

e

Your fingers

The past

An echo.

They are triplets.

There were only three persons at the table comprising a grandfather, his
son and his grandson.

Mount Everest, of course. It was always there!

In a dictionary.

A leaf.

Put yourself back to back of each other.
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SIVAJI Punches

Dekhoji, naan thaan Shivaji

Kanna, naan pakka dhan software, erangunan mavane hardware....

Sachin adicha sixer indha Shivaji adicha stretcher

Naan nenacha athu nadantha mathiri, naan nadantha athu jeycha mathiri

Naan 1 centimetre dhooratthukk nallavannaa 20 kilometre distancekku kettavan

Kanna andha sivajikku nadikka mattum dhan theriyum, indha sivajiku nadikkavum theriyum adikkavum theriyum

unaku Aandavan vekkaraan da date annaiku unaku Shivaji vekkaraan paar vettu

Kannaa, sirikaama PM aga iruntharu antha Narasimha Rao, aana sirichutte pattaiyai kilappurathu intha Shivaji Rao

Naan nallavanukku sami, Nayavanjaganukku tsunami

Kanna, vitukoduthavan ennaikum kettathillai, kettavan ennaikum vittukoduthathillai

Solli adikiravan veeran, sollama adikiravan kozhai, naan sollavum maaten
adikkavum maatan aana konnuduvan

Thappu pannatha manushane illai. Athey thappa thiruppi seyyaravan, manushane illai."

Nallavanukku naan DHARMAN Kettvanukku naan YEMa dharman da
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My Stupid Suicide Plan

CHETAN BHAGAT

Last week, an IITian committed suicide. People who commit suicide do it when they feel there's no future. But wait, isn't IIT the one place where a bright and shining future is a foregone conclusion? It just doesn't add up, does it? Why would a young, hardworking, bright student who has the world ahead of him do something like this? But the answer is this-in our constant reverence for the great institution (and I do believe IITs are great), we forget the dark side. And the dark side is that the IITs are afflicted by the quintessential Indian phenomenon of academic pressure, probably the highest in the world.

I can rant about the educational system and how it requires serious fixing, or I can address the immediate-try my best to prevent such suicides. For this column I have chosen the latter, and I do so with a personal story.

News of a suicide always brings back one particular childhood memory. I was 14 years old when I first seriously contemplated suicide. I had done badly in chemistry in the Class X halfyearly exam. I was an IIT aspirant, and 68% was nowhere near what an IIT candidate should be getting. I don't know what had made me screw up the exam, but I did know this, I was going to kill myself. The only debate was about method.

Ironically, chemistry offered a way. I had read about copper sulphate, and that it was both cheap and poisonous. Copper sulphate was available at the kirana store. I had it all worked out.

My rationale for killing myself was simple-nobody loved me, my chemistry score was awful, I had no future and what difference would it make to the world if I was not there.

I bought the copper sulphate for two rupees-probably the cheapest exit strategy in the world.

I didn't do it for two reasons. One, I had a casual chat with the aunty next door about copper sulphate, and my knowledgeable aunty knew about a woman who had died that way. She said it was the most painful death possible, all your veins burst and you suffer for hours. This tale made my insides shudder. Second, on the day I was to do it, I noticed a street dog outside my house being teased by the neighbourhood kids as he hunted for scraps of food. Nobody loved him. It would make no difference to the world if the dog wasn't there. And I was pretty sure that its chemistry score would be awful. Yet, the dog wasn't trotting off to the kirana store. He was only interested in figuring out a strategy for his next meal. And when he was full, he merely curled up in a corner with one eye open, clearly content and not giving a damn about the world. If he wasn't planning to die anytime soon what the hell was I ranting about? I threw the copper sulphate in the bin. It was the best two bucks I ever wasted.

So why did I tell you this story? Because sometimes the pressure gets too much. Like it did for the IITian who couldn't take it no more. On the day he took that dreadful decision, his family and friends were shattered, and India lost a wonderful, bright child. And as the silly but true copper sulphate story tells you-it could happen to any of us or those around us. So please be on the lookout, if you see a distressed young soul, lend a supportive, non-judgemental ear. When I look back, I thank that aunt and that dog for unwittingly saving my life. If God wanted us to take our own life, he would have provided a poweroff button. He didn't, so have faith and let his plan for you unfold. Because no matter how tough life gets and how much it hurts, if street dogs don't give up, there is no reason why we, the smart species, should. Makes sense right?
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all.....
I understand this topic has more fun stuff..... but the post about the suicide makes me respond to it......
I have seen suicides too....... have lost 3 gud frends....... and a few others who are not very close but surely got me depressed...... icon_sad.gif
Just wanted to shre some feelings.....
One of the frends i lost...... was an IAS aspirant who had planned his life very well.... and his death came as a shock which i wud never be able to explain.... we dnt hav any common frends other than his girlfrend and the guy one who msgd me on yahoo about his death after about a week... that guy dnt giv me the reason and has never responded to my msgs after dat..... his girlfrend i was never able to reach.... No replies to the umpteen mails i sent also...It was almost a year and i sometimes use to have this mixed feeling bout my frends death.....
god alone knows wat prompted me to try that girls number .... and this jan..... i tried her no. and lo i got thru...... i was speechless.... i dnt knw wat to talk..... she said she was tryin to reach me too... we decided to meet the same day.... but it dnt happen... she dnt want to talk anythin over the phone..... so i dnt ask her for the reason also... after dat we planned to meet up so many times..... but everytime theres some hurdle... and i still dnt knw the reason.....
sometimes i have felt guilty .... may be if he had given a call to me.... i wud have been to help him... and today I am afraid to know the reason for the fear of feeling more guilty.......

When i was in my final yr of college.... we were in a psychology practical class, wen we heard a group of people rushing down...... we all came out to c wat hapnd..... only to knw a 11std girl attempted suicide by taking some strong pills..... and was rushed to hospital....
here comes the thought..... how do we know we n someone is thinking bout suicide.......
In fact this little girl had given out signs...... the reason for her decision was her lecturer wanting to meet her parents for irregularity to college... the girl was living wit her uncle and aunt.... and dnt knw wat to do so decided to end her life and has told her frend bout all her feelings and even mentioned that day is goin to be her last...... unfortunately the frend was matured enuf only to console her and not identify the signs.....

So wat cud be the signs?
1) A disinterest in life. Not liking to do anything. Losing interest in all the favourites things the person use to do. withdrawing from activities they once use to do with utmost interest.
2) Expecting sympathy. Keep talking bout wat has happened and expecting people to tell them its ok, things will be fine.
3)Talking about the death, the life after death, the final judgement.
4)Silence - the most ironical sign. U never know wat their intentions are. This is wen their actions become more important. Their body language is to be noticed.And never to leave them alone. If u find someone unusually silent..... persuade them to talk..... may be they will cry out to u..... and feel better.

Most people take an impulsive decision.....especially after a fight or an insult..... and we end up being helpless..... the only thing we can do is never let the person be alone after something very emotional has occured... The other thing we can do is talk bout suicides for a topic wen u r in a group and emphasise on how fruitless it can be.....

Hope this piece of article makes us more aware of the happenings in our surroundings.......
"HOPE FOR THE BEST, PREPARE FOR THE WORST. STOP WORRYING START LIVING.KEEP SMILING"
Take care all of u
regards
kausalya.... icon_smile.gif

View next topic
View previous topic