Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Admin / members,

I notice two topics "Guess" & "Quotable Quotes" are missing in the General Topic Column. What happened to these ones? Likewise, I am afraid many topics may vanish someday or other ?????

Nevertheless, could admin do something regarding this ?? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rajunandha wrote:
Dear Admin / members,

I notice two topics "Guess" & "Quotable Quotes" are missing in the General Topic Column. What happened to these ones? Likewise, I am afraid many topics may vanish someday or other ?????

Nevertheless, could admin do something regarding this ?? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Dear Raju Nandha:

You may have posted these topics when the forum was having a technical problem. If possible, please post these again. We are sorry for any trouble. This Site Administration has not removed or restricted any discussion in these forums, ever.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

again there a topic missing! i had posted a poem named 'NRI GUYS' 2 days ago.but it's missing now.the topic is available in 'find all posts by sangeethabheeman' but the contents are missing.why does this happen often?

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is to the admin again..!my topics ,'poor nri guys', & 'quotable qoutes part 1& 3 ' are missing for the 3rd time from the beginning.there's no response for my complaint previously.the admin should be responsible for this as i believe! or atleast explain the reason for the 'missing' even if you can't replace them.you had asked us to resend the topics,and we've done it so.but if the topics continue missing like this, do you think that we could have interest in posting further topics to the forum?even if i could resend the topics,though it's not much a trouble,can i get back the comments received from other participants or can i draw their attention purposely to comment on my topics again?i'm very sorry for the complaints but i couldn't help it.hope the admin gives a proper response atleast this time!

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Geetha

The topic missing is due to technical defects.try to appriciate admin rather bugging questions to admin.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sangeethabheeman wrote:
.....there's no response for my complaint previously.the admin should be responsible for this as i believe! or atleast explain the reason for the 'missing' even if you can't replace them......hope the admin gives a proper response atleast this time!

We apologize for the problem. We are unable to pinpoint the exact source or reason, but it is due to a random database error. We are trying to work with the phbb developers to see what can be done to avoid the problem in the future. In the meanwhile please continue using and posting in the forum. Thanks for your patience and co-operation.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanx admin ! it's really a good answer to my complaints..! you awoke the lost interest in me posting to the forum.i'l surely wait till you rectify the defects.thanx again!
well, ratheshb..! did u see the response from the admin...and not not so disaapointing like your's.! try not to upset others atleast in future.writing is a gift & all can't do it..! and when one finds one's writing missing , one is definitely upset as we trust the website much.! you'l understand this when you find any of your topics missing,which you consider the most important & expecting responses.! keep your fingers crossed that nothing should happen that way..! the developers would soon help us!
thanx admin for replying inspite of ratheshb's discouragement..!

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Despite ur tremendous efforts, Once again! Admin~~ the topics are missing.. icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My findings .........

There are places, when you post the reply it doesnt asks your username and password, if you reply in that manner i have found topics goes in cyberspace ....... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

This problem also occurs when you select the checkbox "Remember my password" I guess it has something to do with the cookie settings

Regards
Senthilvel
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed the same senthil!!! Could admin do something ~~~ icon_smile.gif

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sierra_senthil wrote:
My findings .........

There are places, when you post the reply it doesnt asks your username and password, if you reply in that manner i have found topics goes in cyberspace ....... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

This problem also occurs when you select the checkbox "Remember my password" I guess it has something to do with the cookie settings

Regards
Senthilvel

Thanks for the info Senthil.

We request all users of this Forum to ensure they are logged into the Discussion Forum before posting messages to avoid this problem.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's fine admin. With great eagerness people do so..I mean without logging in. What about the missed topics...is there any chance of getting back those ones.. icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rajunandha wrote:
That's fine admin. With great eagerness people do so..I mean without logging in. What about the missed topics...is there any chance of getting back those ones.. icon_sad.gif icon_sad.gif

To be honest, we don't know if we can. However, we will try our best to see how we can, and to avoid this in the future.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darn...after a long time I tried posting a few jokes in the topic called 'Enjoy Maaadi'...Just as I finished posting, the topic disappeared...My god bestow upon the admins the cyber power to get those lost relics back where they belong icon_wink.gif

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ADMIN!! PLEASE NOTE THIS!!! IVE FOUND CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH TOPICS DISAPPEAR...

WHEN I POSTED 4 MESSAGES WITHOUT REPLIES FROM ANYONE ELSE ITS FINE...BUT WHEN I POSTED THE 5th MESSAGE THE TOPIC DISAPPEARED..

DONT WORY I JUST MADE THE TOPIC...SO NOTHING VALUABLE WAS LOST...I TRIED IT ONCE MORE AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED...

I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS...BUT I SURE HOPE IT HELPS YOU IN SETTING THINGS STRAIGHT.

View next topic
View previous topic