Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
drrams
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

rajunandha wrote:
purni wrote:
of course we really do that. but what im here is to gv an explanation about what donation( dhannam) is all about. In singapore some one has given his well used torn gloves to a tsunami victim as a donation. instead he could hv given a torn shirt or pant right? Do you think it will really help the victim. donating things differ in a huge way from getting rid of waste things. and thats is what i really meant here. got it?

Once again B+VE ....at least it might serve them as a waste cloth...right!!!
(Thannakku minchinathuthan dhaanamum, dharmamum.....!!).. icon_biggrin.gif

No. absolutely not nandhu. In many countries, if u want to throw out something u need to (have to) pay. Dont u know??
Dharmam is not the one......as u think, its something different.
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drrams wrote:
rajunandha wrote:
purni wrote:
of course we really do that. but what im here is to gv an explanation about what donation( dhannam) is all about. In singapore some one has given his well used torn gloves to a tsunami victim as a donation. instead he could hv given a torn shirt or pant right? Do you think it will really help the victim. donating things differ in a huge way from getting rid of waste things. and thats is what i really meant here. got it?

Once again B+VE ....at least it might serve them as a waste cloth...right!!!
(Thannakku minchinathuthan dhaanamum, dharmamum.....!!).. icon_biggrin.gif

No. absolutely not nandhu. In many countries, if u want to throw out something u need to (have to) pay. Dont u know??
Dharmam is not the one......as u think, its something different.

Of course! I do know man. Karnan or Dharuman....philosiphically!!!...what I mean, is in "practical life"

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No nandhu, even…. let us take our normal practical life….suppose when a begger comes, ur mom will give either rice or money (in general…hmm??) and is called as dharmam coz those r needed things for ever and u can include the fresh food as well coz u can use it for that day atleast. On the other side, just think about “sandhathuna hittu” or “ikkuvadhuga mudiyaadha bhattey”…it doesn’t comes under dharmam I mean the word “dharmam” though it'll be useful (not for u icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif )coz…..got it icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif ???
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

drrams wrote:
No nandhu, even…. let us take our normal practical life….suppose when a begger comes, ur mom will give either rice or money (in general…hmm??) and is called as dharmam coz those r needed things for ever and u can include the fresh food as well coz u can use it for that day atleast. On the other side, just think about “sandhathuna hittu” or “ikkuvadhuga mudiyaadha bhattey”…it doesn’t comes under dharmam I mean the word “dharmam” though it'll be useful (not for u icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif )coz…..got it icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif ???

Hey...common man....speak out generally, if u r struggling for ur daily bread...will it be possible for u to donate...once again...in my opinion
"Thannakku minchinathuthan dhaanamum, dharmamum.....!!"...of course..i am sorry..i can't argue...please.. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rajunandha wrote:
drrams wrote:

Hey...common man....speak out generally, if u r struggling for ur daily bread...will it be possible for u to donate...once again...in my opinion
"Thannakku minchinathuthan dhaanamum, dharmamum.....!!"...of course..i am sorry..i can't argue...please.. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

No nandhu abbbbbbsolutely not. Is there any rule or law to do “dharmam”???. Again I tell u….its upto the individuals something..(I dunno how 2 explain). All that I can say is….not the case as u think, its different.
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"May Be... icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif "

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last edited by purni on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Common Purni.....I do know what is Dhanam..philosiphically!!!...but in practical life..I stress.."(Thannakku minchinathuthan dhaanamum, dharmamum.....!!)"....In ur case, pannaiyar has lots..so he is doing "DHANAM"...

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last edited by purni on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fine with you man...always try to speak with general views and ideas. People can give very many examples on either side of the arguments. It is not always fruitful. Nevertheless, it is all thier own perspectives. Whatever, I stand on my point!!!! icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last edited by purni on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
rajunandha
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madam!! It is not me or you, whether donated or not!!! we are talking about the "people". I still stress "Something is better than nothing"

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

purni wrote:
Hey !!! Pls dont twist.

illi Singapore dhage nanga use maadadha/maadidha porulu, if its in a good condition...... kunna kade(shop) ..... 2/3 days ga.... beethu maariyaara. adhuna thappu endhu hegule. hanava nodadhe appara ezhai ga kodaku thane. thats what i said. arthamaadidhaiyo illaiyoooo

Dear Purni,

No offence, but having read through this discussion very carefully it's pretty clear its you who is doing the 'twisting'. You didn't seem to agree with what Rabin said earlier, but now you are saying here " use maadadha/maadidha porulu, if its in a good condition...... hanava nodadhe appara ezhai ga kodaku thane? ", which is exactly what Rabin said.

Purni, please be considerate before you start accusing people (Rajunandha). Just take a look at what you named this topic "Small minded people". You are being judgmental over such a thing as one's donation policies, which is a very personal thing, like one's religious belief. When somebody has different views they have a right to.

By the way, I fully agree with Rajunandha, he is talking in 'general' while you are talking about specific cases. He is saying, as others in this discussion have also been saying, that 'Something is better than nothing' too. You believe that is not enough, and you have to donate something that you would want for yourself. That is a noble concept. Both of you are right as long as it applies to yourselves. Discussing the philosophies and concepts of donation is fine. But nobody has the right to force anybody to donate more or less than they can or will not.

And, Purni you are way off in accusing and questioning Rajunandha or anybody on their donation policies or practices. You are pretty aggressive in your arguments in this forum. That is good because it keeps things interesting. But we need to know when not to cross the line between a good argument and a nasty mud-slinging one. You seem eager and quick to judge people as good or bad, right or wrong. Perhaps what we all need to remember is the saying 'Only god can judge people'.

No hard feelings! icon_biggrin.gif

Ashok
purni
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last edited by purni on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Ashnan and purni,
Ninga erada eka small minded agibutte icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif ......If we just consider the guys who gave worn out gloves and etc...They r really small minded....But if we consider in general, giving something(not worn out gloves and etc..) than nothing is a good thinking...e Ulagodhoge kanja pisnarigu iddhare vallalgu iddhare.... icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

View next topic
View previous topic