Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ranjini
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

In my Workplace we have an outreach team to help needy people.We used to visit most of the place like orphanage,schools,old homes during
weekends and help those people.

Recently we came to know about a girl named ramya.

She has finished her BE in Aeronautical Engineering in PSN college at Palayamkottai (Tamilnadu). She is a 2010 Passed out.

She has joined her college through Anna university counseling. Her fees was around 4,00,000 for her entire course, out of which they have got a loan of 42,000 per year and they have paid 1, 68 ,000. Her father is a daily wage worker who is not permanently employed and has a very poor financial status. They donít have proper home. Infact the house doesnít even have doors, instead of which they have hung some sacks. One of our volunteer have personally went to her native and did the due diligence.

Since they are not able to pay the entire course fees, the college have retained the girls certificates and the girl is not able to apply for any job. They need to pay Rs 2,00,000 to the college to retain her certificates.

Ramya have also scored 76% during her engineering course. Just because of her financial situation the college have retained her certificate and she is not able to get a job even after scoring good marks in engineering. The girls family is in very poor financial situation, it is must for Ramya to go to a job and earn some money for her family. Only if she can earn some money, she will be able to repay the loan amount Rs 1,68,000 which she got for her studies.

we would like to take this as a special and unique request and help this girl to overcome her problems. Your little contribution can make a big difference to Ramya and family.Please comment and drop a mail ranjini_sept@yahoo.com if you like to contribute

Last date for contribution is Oct-10, 2010.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am of the opinion, it is wise we take up this issue thro the affiliating Anna university. In the mean time, I am suggesting take the support in different direction by calling up couple of self financing academic institutions to offer her a possible job.

Cheers!

ranjini
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ur suggestion is welcome.I think there is no point in taking this issue to anna university.Since anna univ have nothing to deal with self financing institution's fee.

Also we cant blame the college, since no college will permit the students to write exam without paying fees. But in this case,we should appreciate the college as it has permitted her to write the exam.

Regarding job, stepping into next level is impossible without certificate.

Though she is from poor family, her determination to do BE is appreciable.But without job her life will sure become miserable.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure there will atleast be one good soul in the form of Self Financing College Owners who will be willing to support her on temporary employment basis which can give her a sustenance which she cam use later to pay her dues and become regular employee. Do ask her to forward her resume, if she is interested. \\

Cheers

ranjini
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have forwarded mail to your email id. Since im held up with work, I din find time to contact her in person. Will do that soon and will update you.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An immediate temporary employment opportunity is created for Ramya in an Engineering college with accommodation in College Ladies hostel. Ramya shall make use of this opportunity WITHOUT CERTIFICATES to earn for herself and pay her fee to collect Certificates over a period of time. When Certificate is available, she would have gained some experience and go further.

Cheers!

ranjini
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I talked with ramya in person and I forwarded ramya's resume to deva. He came up with an option as he mentioned above and intimated me.Again I had conversation with ramya, she is fine with this option.But she asked time till 10th of oct as outreach team in my organization has involved in fund collection.Last date is 10th oct.. If this works out she can get her certificates and try for better options. If not she can go with this option.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Our outreach team has raised Rs.2lakhs in 23 days time.A group of volunteers from outreach team will meet Ramya soon and pay the fees in her college directly to recover her course certificates.Ramya will start her career journey from now on icon_smile.gif

@ Deva:Thanks for your effort and support......

View next topic
View previous topic