Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
radhakrishnan
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is one again good news for Bellie Raj who has made news in playback singing whose name has found place in "The Hindu" dated 4 March 2009. Here's it for you from the 'hinduonline'

Luck by chance

Bellie Raj, who sang the duet ‘Kangal Iraandal,’ on his rise to fame

<Photo>

On a high Bellie Raj

This seems to be the age of the underdog; an age in which Dame Luck deigns to look their way and take them on the ride of their lives.

This is what happened to Bellie Raj who had for long been struggling to make it as a playback singer in Kollywood, until luck in the forms of music director James Vasanthan and director M. Sasikumar gave him his break. Along with Deepa Miriam, Bellie Raj debuted in Kollywood with the melodious duet “Kangal Iraandal” from the movie “Subramaniapuram”. Needless to say Bellie, who also sang the theme song for the movie, became an overnight success and is now a sought after singer.

Professional singer

“Sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if all this is true.” A Badaga from Ooty, 30-year-old Bellie has been a professional singer for the past eight years. He made a living by singing in stage shows and lending his voice to Tamil devotional albums. “A mutual friend had introduced me to James sir before he began composing for “Subramaniapuram.” James Sir gave me his number and asked me to call him sometime. A year or so later I suddenly felt the urge to call him. I called and he was in Singapore but he asked me to call back in a few days. I did as much and he invited me to Chennai for voice testing for a song that he was composing. I didn’t know that it was for a movie. Imagine my surprise when he offered me not one but two tracks for a film,” reminisces Bellie. “I am so glad that James sir had the faith in me. Not many composers would give newcomers the most important song in their debut sound track. I will be eternally thankful to him,” adds the singer.

Bellie, whose mellifluous voice adds lustre to “Kangal Iraandal” feels that the picturisation of the song could not have been better.

“It had the perfect combination of old world charm and lilting music,” he says. Currently, Bellie is flooded with offers from Tamil and Telugu music composers. There are about 15 songs in Tamil in the pipeline and one of them is for Karthik Raja. And about his sudden fame? “Well, nowadays, in Ooty people recognise me on the road,” grins Bellie.

NITA SATHYENDRAN
shekar2009
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have heard this song many times, but never saw the singers name untill I saw your posting in the badaga forum. It's great to hear that Bellie has made to kollywood. Apart from Luck and God's grace, Iam sure he has the talent and sweet voice to be selected in this field. I don't see our community giving importance to the music field. I have never heard of any one who is a carnatic or Hindustani singer in our community. A few Badaga singers who produced the badaga casste ran into losses, since very few people buy it. It's sad that we don't have music schools in ooty or kotagiri and we never encourage our kids to learn music. I hope things will change icon_smile.gif

Baically, Iam from Billicombai . I have been singing from my school days. I have sung with a few music troops in coimbatore. Iam in the US for the past 10 years and have been performing in stages when ever there is an oppturnity. I have been also learning Hindustani classical for a few years. I have been to India a few times, but was unable to find the right contact to show my talent in the cine field. I will be coming to India on the first week of April and would like to meet Bellie Raj. If you or any one has his contact informations, please e-mail it to manichandras2000@yahoo.com.

Thanks in Advance,

Chandrashekar
devanandbn
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST 'BELLIE RAJ'

PLEASANT VOICE & Song...music....
- hope we will hear more nice songs from him...

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2009/02/26/stories/2009022650430100.htm

icon_biggrin.gif icon_surprised.gif icon_cool.gif

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Friends, Namaskara!
Pls. visit my orcut (ravi belliraj) profile for Belliraj's Music Nite Pictures staged in Kuwait.
Best wishes.

Ravi Belliraj
bellielic
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It was a great pleasure for me nto be in Stage along with Bellieraj, who was one of the Chief Guests (Other Chief Guest was Our Naakkubetta Parpathy Prof. Iyaroo), in the Cultural Function "NANGA HABBA-2009", performed by the BadagaTeachers and Students of R V S College of Arts and Science, Sulur, Coimbatore some days back.

We, the President and General Secretary of COVAI NAKKUBETTA NALA SANGAM (COVAI BADAGAR SANGAM) are invited for this function, as special Guests.

We wish Bellieraj for a Bright Future.

N BELLIE-General Secretary,
Covai Badagar Sangam

Starter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everybody,
Its late i knew but still every success n pride goes to 'Bellie raj'.
A very warm wishes to our badaga guy who has won state award for his debut song "KANGAL".............Once again all the best for the succesful singer from our community...

Karthick Chandran
svramachandran
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi I am relatively new to the world of internet and that too a fresher to the BADAGA web site. Its cool to know so much about our community on the web. Hope you guys will guide and encourage me and my family for further links related to our community.

I am SV Ramachandran
Jagathala Villaage
Working at BHEL Ranipet, Vellore.

hope interested and helpful guys will guide me

oh yes i forgot: I am an ex-serviceman served in the India Air Force for 23 years and retired in Apr 2011.

bye guys
santoshhalan
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Best of Luck BellieRaj

Here some reference link of Best male playback singer Mr.Belly Raj

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Nadu_State_Film_Award_for_Best_Male_Playback

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Vijay_Award_for_Best_Male_Playback_Singer

http://connect.in.com/gayatri-chalisa/photos-belly-raj-21-w80-h73-h73-e14ae9c5d6f8ac40.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/56th_Filmfare_Awards_South

http://www.jointscene.com/artists/Kollywood/Belly%20Raj/2523

http://www.reachouthyderabad.com/news/Filmfare_awards.htm
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic