Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

being first or second has been historically a controversial topic, honestly, this topic never enthused me in the first place bocs there will always be infighting/unacceptance/no unanimity.

For Eg, the tamils says they are unique, is the first language, ask the "hindians" they will say "sanskrit" is mother of all. for me, both sanskrit and tamil are 'Holeya' languages although I appreciate them, but they never are benchmarks.

rather, our community is better off talking about "PEOPLE WHO MADE A DIFFERENCE" than being first or achievers, people who stood out albeit being ordinary, who brought in a change in the way we think & operate, the silent contributor, the exceptionist.

When i say this, I could not stop thinking about the many brilliant doctors of our community who practise in the niligiris (who could have made crores practising elsewhere), innovative businessmen who dare not venture bcos of familial constraints, super smart advocates and pioneering agricultarists.

while saying this, i should talk about mr.krishnamurthy, a mech engineer of PSG Tech turned agricultural reformer, of denali village, my friend, a pioneer in organic farming practise in the niligris.

to stand out is to deliver, and deliver in style!

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brother EBHari,

Whatever the achievement or new idea brought in, there are always someone to oppose it, if not for the contect, but for the sake of it. In Badagu we have a proverb " Aalu kalle Enthale Elu kalle Enthara". Across the globe, there will always be some one to oppose.

Your feelings are understandable. The first achivers, may not make a big Change in lifestyle externally, but taking a eagles eye view they definitely inspire those who are aspiring to be excel in similar fields. For nearly 4 to 5 centuries, we badaga people have confined to Nilgiris. Perhaps, to an extent the Chillclimate also made our feelings confined.

The FIRST ACHIEVERS have definitely made a significant achievement. Sevaral times, it is the family members [ elders ] stop their Children/grand Children going out of district [ leave alone going out of state/country ] for betterment. Under such such circumstances, and the necessity to go wide and far which is felt a necessity now, it is wortwhile mentioning their achievement for two reasons.

1. The internet has become part of life and the new generations need to learn from such sources.

2. It will help, preserving evolutions of Badagas in verious fields over the years.

Moreover, there are lot still to be achieved in hatties, for which these will always be source of inspiration if some one educated discuss such things.

bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am 100% with Deva.

We feel- 'Being Indians, we have to be CRIBBERS and to be Badagas, we have to be PERMANENT CRITICS'.

"Just for the sake of it"! How true !!

Starter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To know more about our First IAS officer Dr.N Sundaradevan

http://persmin.nic.in/ersheet/MultipleERS.asp?HiddenStr=01TN024400
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Balram for the info on Dr. Sundradevan. However , I notice that his mother tongue has been mentioned as Tamil ?

Starter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr.bjaypee I think Dr.Sundaradevan, IAS ,of Adrigaratti is married from
Hottimora Hosahutty and mother in law's hutty-ketchigatty
skumar09
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We, J.B. Santhosh Kumar from Thooratty, Mekala.C from Atthigal, and Saravanan.S from Peria Hubbathalai are the first three badagas who have cleared CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist) exam conducted by AAMT (American Association of Medical Transcription) in year 2007. Only 2700 professionals have cleared this exam worldwide out of million professionals in this field. For reference, our names can be seen in AHDIorg. com.
l_santhosh
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My hearty congratulations to the three of you!!
It must have taken hard work and good experience to get certified.
How better are your career prospects now?
Say, if you want to start an MT firm of your own, does it help gain clients?
Is there a higher level certification that you are aiming for after this?

Congrats again icon_smile.gif
Santhosh.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
skumar09
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you Mr. Santhosh. icon_biggrin.gif

Regarding our career prospects nothing bad until the overseas firms decide on sending jobs to be done at our country and others. From what we medical transcriptionists feel is that until and unless there is gonna be a government which restricts their jobs to be outsourced, there is no constraints for us and also they will also not do so, since TIME plays a great role in this industry.

MT firm:- icon_idea.gif Starting an MT firm, is not up to our hands because there are lot many processes that should be taken into consideration before starting an MT firm. For e.g., getting a client who can send us in jobs, setting up a back office at U.S. or U.K. from where the jobs are being sent to us, etc....

We have seen about 100s of firms mushrooming everyday in our city itself, but they last only for a short term and they close down. We see them getting jobs, but it is only a sub-subfranchisee jobs for which we will be paid very meagrely and we cannot meet our expenses of the firm if we start one and we will have to expend it out from our pockets. Even if we do, we can only if we slowly get direct clients and we should have a strong hold overseas who can lead us through this. icon_smile.gif

If you can let us know regarding MT firm even more if you get any and also if any idea of setting up a firm in our Nilgiris, I do welcome.

icon_biggrin.gif I thank you on behalf of all three. icon_biggrin.gif
bellielic
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear All,

Late Sri M K BELLIE GOWDER, of Achanakal (Brother of Sri M K Nanja Gowder, Ex M P) was the FIRST Freedom Fighter from our Badaga Community.

He was the FIRST Badaga to represent the Madras State Congress Committee (The then combined state of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh), at 1940s.

Last edited by bellielic on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
bellielic
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bellielic wrote:
Dear All,

Late Sri M K BELLIE GOWDER, of Achanakal (Brother of Sri M K Nanja Gowder, Ex M P) was the FIRST Freedom Fighter from our Badaga Community.

He was the FIRST Badaga to represent the Madras State Congress Committee (The then combined state of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh), in 1940s.

Starter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great collection.

Do you know one thing, Mr. Rajesh from Kil Kundah is the first to complete MA in Mass Communication from Madras University.

Its Me ! ! ! icon_biggrin.gif
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ootyraaj,

That is what I call great 'sense of humour'.

I would like to put that as ' Rajesh from KK - the first MA in MC from MU '.

On a serious note, I find that a large number of our people are post graduates and among them many Phds. As a community, we should really feel proud about the 'literacy' level and I hope, one day, we can proudly say that Badagas are 100% literate.

Starter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi BJP, how r u doing, thanks for ur replay, u have did a great job, feel very proud about u.

ok let me introduce myself, i am Rajesh, Sr. Lecturer in Visual Communication from SRM University, i need great help from u, right now i am doing my PhD from Madras University,

My research is based on Badagas and their communication, so i need more information from about our community.

What r u doing and where r u from, how do i can call u, waiting for ur replay. take care.

View next topic
View previous topic