Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Withdrawn for the time beingfrom this forum.

If you are still keen see it in www.badaga.in

Last edited by bjaypee on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
coolguy
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey first analyze the situation now........... why should they sell lands? theres less profit from tea industry and its hard to meet there ends so they have started to leave from hattis.............

what we need now is to save our hattis and culture rather than constructing new hattis....

and what u tell is like constructing SEZ...... and its only the rich whos gonna enoy that.............

and one more if i want to construct a house i would like to do that in my one hattis..........
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bjaypee & Cool guy had mentined good points.

On a first look, it appears, coolguy had a quick military retaliation response to a Wg Commander. Well, both issues have their own validation.

taking telescopic view, my observations are :

1. The lands are sold since there were no revenue wort counting in the last 7/8 years in the Nilgiris and the life of badagas by tea alone, is a sword hanging over head. Looking from other side, when tea prices were Rs 15/- to 18/ per Kg, our fellow brothern lived somewhat extravagent life, which they are unable to cope now. and looking for governmental intervention.

2. BJaypee is asking us to be entreprenuer. That is perfectly fine. Why not ? Instead a non-badaga buying land and benefit, it is wiser to be by the Badagas and for the badagas' in the co-operative movement based system.

3. Moreover, he is emphasizing a tatal Badaga Culture intact, with added bonus of healthy environment.

4. When few of iur fellow brothern go as ar as Coimbatore / Mettupalyam for selling vegetables is it not wiser for them to sell in one such / all hatties.

5. Rs 20 to 25 lakhs may be a bigger and unrealistic amount for sevaral of us. Nevertheless, along with such big houses we can have some smaller houses anywher between Rs 10/12 to 18/20 lakhs with smaller room sizes and tastes of the Individuals who need houses.

6. If not within hatties or tea lands, we can plan such venture in large scale, by buying land inside Nilgiri or Karamadai or Mettupalayam-Kotagitri road for large scale implementation in line with Bjaypees thoughts.

7. As cool guy says, sure one can always build house within hatti. But as hatties are expendingto cater to the new needs, space may be constraint and eventually tea or cultivating land only will become a house.

Well, the debate can continue and if bjaypee, floats a co-operative venture, I am willing to be a member.

Bjaypee,Coolguy and fellow brothern, let us put further thoughts on this issue and go ahead.

Cheers !

bjaypee
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Withdrawn for the time being from this forum.
If you want to read it, go to www.badaga.in!

Last edited by bjaypee on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BJaypee,

Opposition is way of life. Be it in small group of Hatty 'Katchi's or Panchat/State/National level politics. Even seen in US elections.

IF no opposition is to be seen the ONLY best way is not to do anything .

I have been reading your various posts over a time. They are markedly different than any one else's posts.

Well, couple of things come to my mind.

1. It is cock sure, from your postings that handful of MIIDLEMEN controlling tea prices. NOT different from few English men captured India.

Now that Mr Gokul,- DFO has made a dent in their progress, we shall join with him to offer our best support, to regain our lost kingdom of Tea Plantations.

Sometime Back in COONOOR eletronic auctioning was started. For political mileage this was stopped. We can mobilise badaga's enmasse to reinstate that system.

2. Other than legal proceedings, public mass movement against such TEA BROKERS Under Nilgiri Badaga Banners and repeatative representation to Govt authorities should yield some progress.

These two methods might revive labour for plantations.

As far as CO-OPerative new hatti, I think we must gather somemore thoughts and go ahead. I am sure, when Co-operative Movement are given useful inputs from experts from various fields it is going to succeed. As an example I quote few things from a Co-op set up in Maharashtra somewhere near Ahmednager [ I will try to get Exact Details ]

- The highlights are :

- They do not allow politicians to interfere in their activities
- They hire ex IAS officials for decent salary for progressive movements
- The money generated is shared amongst the Co-Op Members
- The wiped out poverty in that zone
- They have modern School & other amenities
- They resists all Govt hurdles enmasse
- They installed satelite dish for Various communication needs
- All of them were local members with lower qualification levels, but a collective thought to improve education to their wards

The other Co-oprtaive Movements is in Rajasthan

1. They waited for Govt intervention over sevaral decadeds. With no result forthcoming, all the villagers joined together to build dams and check dams to store rainwater. Now the entire soceity has solved drinking water problem of severl decades . Our all time best, and darling of all President Dr Abdul Kalam has shown personal interest in visiting this society and wrote about them and requested other's to emulate them.

The Success of AMUL co-operative is world wide known.

All Gujarat milk producer's are benefitted. AMUL model is requested by Pakistan & Sri Lanka Govts.

Other Direct FInancial gain movements are ICICI & SBIs small investors & employees money collection and investing in various shares and giving them good returns with some schemes like hospitalisation & death benefit like LICs. These funds do not grow up to 3-1/2 to 4 years but after that grows at the rate to fetch anywhere between 30 to 66%. [ ofcourse, an element of risk is also involved here depending upon the scheme.]

Well, unfortunately , WE Badaga's donot have any co-operative movement so far. [ May be we beleived in Nerhu's NON-ALIGNMENT IDEALS - OOPs!

Well, We preach OORUGA ONDHAGI NADE --- and then [ silently] go on our path!

Well, Wg Cmdr, You started ! I voted. Let us welcome all like minded persons.

At this stage I can only say, ONDHU SAVIRA AAGALI, BITTHIDADU BEYALI,

Cheers!

View next topic
View previous topic