Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear balamurali,

I agree on the point that you are trying to make. i.e., let us start implementing rather than discussing.

About the point that it is easier for people to collect funds. today given the global connectivity and with banks like ICICI and UTI already in Nilgiris, it should not matter as to where the funds can be transfered real time.

Meeting of the people can always be arranged anywhere and when the work is in full swing at the place of action, it makes all the more sense to have the trust at Nilgiris.

As regards the Government Benefits, please note that our work shall be in Tamil Nadu and the Govt of Tamil Nadu will be the one which may help with funds, permissions etc and not the Govt of Karnataka and hence it is better to have the Trust registered in Ooty. Please go through the trust details which I have posted before and let us move in that direction.

As regards the urgency, I agree that we must act before it is too late.

This year can we sponsor at least One student's education in any technical course? can you make the guidelines of eligibility so that no favorism is shown and that we are transparent in the matter of taking the decision as to who will get the benefit.

You may please call me on 94422 94492 and we can discuss in detail or email me at nandisenthil@gmail.com.

Regards

R.Senthil Kumar,
NandiSeva Trust,
Ooty

Starter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Let us not go to villages were we donít know any details, let us start from our own villages and near by villages.
Let one choose a student to be sponsored (Student need to be having a good percentage, no working parents or parents ill or any other reason where the student cannot do higher studies and has a strong interest) and two members from IBA who are in Ooty verify the credentials of the student. Bcos, we usually get prejudiced with people whom we are in regular touch.

Once we are successful this year we can try to increase the numbers. We need to have sufficient funds for sponsoring the student bcos we promise and do the admission we should be there untill he/she complete studies and gets a placement.

I would like to call upon all the members who were in the planning of these thought process to participate in the implementation also. I will not be able to sponsor complete tuition fee and accommodation for a student but can do a substantial contribution. Let us do some trial rounds of contribution to our community and start of the real movie later like hospitals, education institutions etc etc.

Members,
If you have any students in minds to be sponsored pls let other members know I will give the names of students in the next part were other members can do the verification.

Pls correct me if Im wrong in the above process.

Thanks,
Murali
kausalya
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

M sorry I hav not participated for long which is dure to personal reasons. Now am back and would like to do my best.
Senthil anna, I wud like to know if I be onr of the 5 voluteers wen wil i hav to come to ooty for the formalities?
If its planned in advance I can plan a trip.
I hope there are others who wud be ready too.
please update on the registration status.
Regards
Kausalya

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hai all,
I am Gopenath. I am a new entry to our badaga.org. I have read some of your mails regarding helping the needy in education. Hats off to you all. I feel that I missed a lot not being enrolled in this web. Now that I also have joined I would like to join hands with all of you to help the needy. I dont much about the long discussions you all had but i could try to be a part of you all and do some small things in helping the needy for their education. Hope the Almighty would give me a chance to help the society. And expecting your lending hands for me to join your group,

Yours Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
64287 Darmstadt, Germany.
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear all,
I am Gopenath again. I have read all the postings right from its beginning. The initiative was somewhere around 2003. the discussions were being made on all grounds regarding the Trust. Started around June 2006. It was in such a high speed and full of power that went on with the Trust Building, Bank Accounts, etc... I was so astonished with all the boost up. But the last message was posted by Kausalya on July 2007. After which I have never seen any messages posted in this particular area. Now I doubt whether really there has been no replies so far or the work is going through some other site which we cant view through our badaga.org.
I am a starter indeed. But astonished to see that there is no postings regarding a Mega project which I believe that would change the course of our community altogether.
I would be much obliged to anyone who could tell me what the situation is right now.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,
yogeshajjan
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

EVEN IAM WAITING FOR THE REPLAY FROM THIS FORUM , NOT YET
A NEW THREAD HAS STARTED IN ORKUT BADAGA FORUM . ITS GOING GOOD, SO PLS DONT LET YOUR HOPES WE CAN START IT AGAIN .
SO PLS CHECK orkut.com /badaga.....

REGARDS
YOGESH AJJAN
gopenath
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Yogesh,
Thank you very much for your information. Its good to hear from you. And could you please give me the entire link for orkut.
By the way please tell me whether you belong to Balacola village.
Hoping to hear from you.

Yours
Gopenath.

Schnittsphanstrasse 3,

View next topic
View previous topic