Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ootyshiva
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HI BADAGA FRIENDS

The `First Dubai Badaga Association Médical Aïd Beneficiary' Mrs. Kavitha of Kairbetta the nilgiris has been handed over DD for INR 5000 by Dubai badaga association (through Mr.Ratha krishnan) Thanks for the support from all the generous members who had extended help financially for one of our association's maiden project. ( know more about this project link : www.dubaibadaga.org)
ashnan
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ootyshiva wrote:
www.dubaibadaga.org/home.htm

You seem to have a nice web site, but could you not have shown some originality?

The above web page seems like a word-for-word copy and paste from badaga.org.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Such a shame... Also, losing the ads would be good too... icon_smile.gif

Come on, dear Dubai badaga brothers, you can do better than plagiarize our own....

Ashok
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Asnhan [Ootyshiva],

I am not sure, what one to one similarity, you have observed about Dubaibadaga.org in line with badaga.org.

To me it appears, to be good effort, by Dubai people. Anyway, I am of the opinion that if we cannot apprecuiate their effort, at least we shall not scornfully say their efforts are plagarizing.

Lets hail all badagefforts, as long as they do not cause any trouble to others.

ashnan
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

deva_mathan wrote:

I am not sure, what one to one similarity, you have observed about Dubaibadaga.org in line with badaga.org.

Dear Mr. Mathan, if you had looked carefully at the words on the web page link I had posted, you would have seen what I meant.

Please see below...

On its home page, the International Badaga Association says:

Welcome to the virtual home of the International Badaga Association, a voluntary non-profit organization dedicated to serving the Badaga community worldwide.

This web site's mission is to provide information for Badagas living all over the world. This web site is an effort by Badaga volunteers with a common interest in serving our community through the Internet and the World Wide Web. You can browse the Discussion Forums, Articles, Jobs and Classifieds, view the Picture Gallery and Nilgiris Maps, and listen to Badaga Songs without becoming a Member. Members can view other Members' details and email them through this web site. Members can also post Articles, Job listings, Buy/Sell ad's, Pictures, and participate in the Discussion Forums. Matrimonials are available only to those registered Members who have also posted their Matrimonial Profiles. Please register yourself as a Member and get to know other IBA members around the world.

Your contributions in the form of articles, news, opinions, songs, pictures or any other relevant information related or of interest to Badagas and the Nilgiris are most welcome. Please suggest how the IBA and this web site can be made most useful for Badagas. Please use our feedback form for help with this web site or e-mail us at for more information.

On its home page the Dubai Badaga Association says:

Welcome to the virtual home of the Dubai Badaga Association, a voluntary non-profit organization striving to serve the Badaga community worldwide.

This web site's mission is to provide information for Badagas living worldwide specifially the Nilgiris where our heart and soul lies.

This web site is an effort by Badaga volunteers with a common interest in serving our community through the Internet and the World Wide Web. You can browse/obtain information and suggest your valuable opinion(s)/idea(s).

If the IBA people had anything to do with the DBA website then I can understand... otherwise then its just plagiarizing, no matter who does it. No scorn here, just encouragement to be original.

Ashok
deva_mathan
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Ashnan [ ootyshiva],

Thanks for reply. I understand your feelings. I just felt your words might hurt DBA

My view points.

1. Since the effort is help to Badagas by various contact/ Communication means, I suggest, we hail the efforts even though it appears similar.

2. I presume, IBA members across globe & Admin team might have better collective Knowledge in reference to Dubai collective KNowledge alone. Therefore the DBA has not done any damage to IBA. If you happend to see the previous versions of DBA Home page they had a word ' Ondhu savira Aagali'.. periodocally appearing - an effort in design idea that was better.

3. Perhaps since all of us are Badagas - the DBA might be trying to emulate the big brother IBA and hence if younger brother resembles Eleder one, let us see it as ' family similarities'

4. I hope, no one would mind if 'brothers' appear similar.

Lt us any way, support all the web administration members in words atleast. .

Thanks for your sharp observation and pointing the similarities.

Cheers

View next topic
View previous topic