Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
Poll
How much can you contribute?
10,000 and above 
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
5,000 - 10,000 
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1,000 - 5000 
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Less than 1000 
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,

I have posted the same content in the thread, Contribution to Badaga Community. Just wanted to check, how much people are interested and willing to contribute. Since i was not able to run a poll there, started a new thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have some inputs.

These were my thoughts which i wanted to share with you months before. Somehow it didnt happen till now. Have seen many people with the same thoughts and happy to be a part of it.

There are some 800+ members in the IBA and 2000+ members of the Badaga Forum. They are registered members who are not shown in the main list due to the difficulty in registartion process. So, lets us assume that our forum reaches 2000 people.

We cannot reach anywhere by contributing 100rs per head. Lets contibute 10,000 Rs per head. Hope most of the people here are settled in good jobs and spend more than this amount for their weekend parties. Lets think this amount as a welfare for the society, where in even your grandchidren can be proud about your contribution for such a good cause.

So, 2000*10,000 = 2 crores.

Lets have it an initial sum to start the work. We can ask the hatty people to contribute min 200 Rs per head. On an average, there are 250 families per hatty. that total comes to around 50,000 per hatty.

50,000 * 400 hatties = 2 crores.

Not sure how many hatties are there. Then we can try from government and other sources.

Reagrding benefits to the contibutor, we can have them as the life time member of the hospital and can have treatment at subsidised rates. People who want theie names to be incorporated on stones can also be done. What other benefits do you expect.

The next step can be to build an International badaga school and an International Badaga Hotel. These are secondary things and can be done only after the success of the hospital. We can use the money from these sources for more welfare activities.

The next thing is the Politics. Why dont we choose our own people for the MLA and MP posts. Lets choose few young, educated and talented people who are interested in Politics. Spend some of the money from the trust and ask them to work for the welfare of the people in Nilgiris. When we have all the MLAs and MPs we can get most of the benefits to our people which goverment gives us.

Let us take it as first step and execute this... let us not stop this as discussions alone... We all together can achieve our dream.

I am ready to be a volunteer and help in any sort of work for the welfare of our society.

We will have a meeting with the volunteers and decide upon the plan and execution of this dream project, about how to reach each badaga family all over the world and ask them to help us achieve this.

You can reach me on +91 - 9886659613 or vinothkumar13@yahoo.com

We can ask the admin for the mail contacts of the members and reach everyone by mailing them, if they are not into this forum. There are some 120 members in the orkut- gmail, among these few are already members of IBM. We can try out from them also.

These are few of my thoughts. By having a direct meeting, am sure we can get more such ideas and can plan to implement these as soon as possible.

Any suggestions / comments are welcome.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please cast your vote which will help us in deciding about how much people are ready to contribute and can plan accordingly.

melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Vinodh,

Your comments were interesting and I appreciate your initiative.

There is one important aspect which you have not mentioned. Please note that it is not only financial contributions to our society which is needed, but also any contribution in whatever form, either by way of ideas, work, etc that is needed.

Yes, your poll may give us an estimated idea as to how many amount can be collected, but then without a concrete plan on how the funds are going to be utilised, and how best practices will be followed etc, this question will not evoke an accurate answer.

What I feel is that we should first discuss and arrive at concrete action plan before embarking on the financials. This post can serve as an indication of the amount which could be used for the benifit of the society.

Please feel free to call me at 94422 94492 or mail me at nandisenthil@gmail.com

Regards

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mr. Vinoth,
I have also posted the same contents and my thoughts.
First Badaga Hospital
First Badaga School
First Badaga Bank

Also I appreciate your interests.
Please feel free to contact me at :965-6257085 or
by mail:malar_nirmal62@hotmail.com

According to Mr. Senthil's post pls note: "without a concrete plan on how the funds are going to be utilised, and how best practices will be followed etc, this question will not evoke an accurate answer" also "What I feel is that we should first discuss and arrive at concrete action plan before embarking on the financials. This post can serve as an indication of the amount which could be used for the benifit of the society"

manjooran
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi ! MY APPRECIATION FOR YOUR INTEREST SHOWN IN THE WELFARE OF THE COMMUNITY

Hi Vinoth!

It is definitely nice to come across people who are interested in the welfare of the community.

You have exactly expressed what I had in mind. I have been unfortunate to express my views because of the "short delay" in activating my account in the "www.badaga.org" site. it is nearly a year since I have registered but I am still waiting for my account activation.

The reason behind expressing this is that, we cannot be taken far without the effective functioning of the site"www.badaga.org". We need to increase the number of members using this site which could only be done through the active participation of the members and the webmaster.

The plan has to be worked out only with the involvement of the Badaga Welfare Association. The site and its active members will have to form a team with the Badaga Welfare Association and then move on.

I am even ready to donate upto a lakh. This definitely doesnot mean that I am rich or well-off but just that I am ready to get indebted for the welfare of the community.

I would definitely like to describe in detail of how to go about this proposal in my next mail. The plan of action in my next mail is just my idea/suggestion which could be taken with modification or completely rejected.

Before I wind up, I would like to extend my thanks to the person who brought up this idea. Hoping and praying that this interest and concern on the community can be carried on for the successful completion of the project/idea.

** N.B- Please post my mail on the website(as I am unable to post them due to inactivation of my account).

Regards,
Mithun Matha Dharmaraj M.B.A,MSc (Finance),
University of Glamorgan,
The United Kingdom.
Ph :00447886772173
E-MAIL :-MITHUNMD@YAHOO.COM
(OR) 05177324@GLAM.AC.UK

Admin, Can you please workout to make the registration process easier and faster. People are getting frustrated waiting for months and we lose many members coz of this...

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those you are not able to post your views on this topic due to the delay in activation of your account, please post your views in http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=6628608

Please join the Orkut - Badaga Community and post your views there. We have the same topic in forum there. I will post your comments in the badaga.org

View next topic
View previous topic