Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kudos to Senthil.

But we need to create an awareness among the people first. Hope the Collector is already doing that. Involve the people in the activity.

Let us wait and see whether the proposal becomes just another petition or a tool for action.

Keep us updated on this.

Also people who have elected the new Minister to post pressurize him to pressurize the authorities. Tell him it will help him maintain his vote bank he will do the rest icon_lol.gif
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One more thought Senthil why is that we wait for the government to act?

Why not we contribute??

I trust the Badaga Association can help us someway atleast forming a trust. Nothing can be achieved until unless we all join hands and work for the upliftment.

Regards
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hats of to YBA

Udhagamandalam: A two-day recruitment drive felicitated by the Young Badagas Association (YBA) and organised by the Chennai-based Sutherland Global Services, a global customer management company in Business Process Outsourcing began on an encouraging note here on Thursday.

Stating that it was for the first time in the history of the YBA that such an initiative had been taken, the president of the Association T. Rangaiah, told The Hindu that the educated youth should make the optimum use of such opportunities.

Adverting to the considerably changed economic scenario of the Nilgiris consequent to the prolonged crisis in the tea industry, he said that in recent years the youth from the Nilgiris in general and the Badaga youngsters in particular had done very well in the Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) not only within the country but also abroad.

He hoped that in course of time the Nilgiris would figure prominently on the Information Technology map of the country. He assured that the YBA would organise such programmes regularly.

The Senior Manager, Sutherland Global Services, G. Shivkumar, said that a recruitment programme on such a scale was being organised for the first time in the Nilgiris.

Earlier it had conducted campus interviews at the Emerald Heights College for Women here and the Providence College for Women in Coonoor.

Pointing out their apprehensions vis a vis safety were baseless, he said that in all the companies top priority was accorded to providing a safe and enjoyable work atmosphere.

While a basic degree was a must, a successful candidate could earn between Rs. 1.5 to Rs. 2 lakhs per annum as a fresher.

The Consultant, Franchise Development and Training, Sutherland Global Services, Halan Sivashankar, said that the company would help establish Language Laboratories in a few of the colleges here.

It was to create a resource pool of talent and manpower. While about 700 graduates and diploma holders were expected to attend the current programme, around 100 were likely to land jobs.
sendhil15
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great work..Hope many such things happen in the future..
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to your suggestion, I have decided to form a trust for the same. Your views and thougts on the objective of the trust and the way it has to be run is welcome.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Senthil

I appreciate your enthusiasm to serve our community.At the same time i wish to inform you that there is already a trust formed by a team from Kundacheppai hatti by name gava to serve our people.If you can interact with them you might get better informations regarding the same, as there are into service for couple of years.I came to know about them few months ago when their annual report pamplet landed in my hand.Hope you find this information useful.People who wish to donate or sponsor for better cause can get in touch with gava and can benefit from it.

warm regards
Nanjundan Bhojan
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Senthil,

Your decision to take an action is good but why not bring in the YBA into this. If there is any YBA or IBA member on the list. Might be they can help us facilitate this.

By the way some years ago there was a committee formed which claimed they were working for the welfare of the Badagas later heard that they swindled the money. So should be very careful my friend.

When people are willing to help then their hard earned money should not be misused.

Regards
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Nanjundan,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will meet the GAVA trust people and work with them. Will meet them and get to know them.

As far as Malakrishnanis suggestion of involving YBA, I am sorry to inform you about the sorrid state of affairs there. I am a member of YBA. The fact is that YBA has not done anything much for the welfare of the people. The initiatives which you and others in the forum here are doing, could have been done long back by them. The office bearers of YBA have always have had access to the decision makers ( GOVT and Collectors) but the results of what they have done can be seen. In fact elections have not been held for the post of office bearers for a long time now.

So instead of involving them right now on any issues, let us all join together and do good to the society and later on ensure that they too join us.

As regards the money issue, if we do work for the society, there are lot of funds which could be got from the Govt itself which could be used to serve our people. If all the information about the various schemes run by the Govt is made known to more people, that itself will ensure the welfare of our society.

Regards

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Nanjundan,

Thanks for your information regarding GAVA and I appreciate for their better service to our people.

Also I appreciate Mr. Senthil for his enthusiasm to serve our community.

If anyone in our community who serve our people for their future, pls. give their details of service and contact person, phone no. or mobile no. here.

Once again I appreciate 'GAVA'

Manjooran
ravibalraj
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,
Ithamake visaya ella mathadhunoge ondhanu use kidaya.

Ena visaya alaiyu mathuga ollangaitha attara.
Offisuthogai gelasa geeva timethogai nakku line barathu akkothuga appara (thumba) easya attara. Aalai nadaimoraiyogai tharali nanga meluru senthilu makkai munthuga bappathuga esaga ithi? Ethu nillivi Nodo?

Naa readi Ninga readiya - Manjooran
nanjundan
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I think GAVA is doing a good job with the limited resources they have.Lets all help them in the various ways possible to make it big and to make their services felt.I applaud all your support.

warm regards
Nanjundan Bhojan
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Senthil,

We were talking about getting in touch with GAVA and forming a trust. If it is fine with you can you please provide your contact number so, that people who are interested can call you and let you know how they can be of help. Especially those in Ooty can contact you easily.

I will also forward it to people who are interested. After a particular number of volunteers get together then we can have an all-hands meet to decide on the plan of action.

Rgds
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My telephone number is 94422 94492 and people can contact me on that number. We can first meet and discuss and then decide upon the modalities of the trust and other things with the help of all those interested in furthering the cause of Nilgiris and Badagas

Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Senthil,

I have circulated your mobile number with a few people whom I feel can help us in this project.

Let us hope for the best. You can even ask some of our hatti people regarding this. Please dont talk to them about the money as of now ask them only for their time. You know it better.

Regards
smathan1
Starter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the success of a hospital in the nilgiris will largly depend on the services it will provide. it needs to be competitive to the hospitals in coimbatore.This would need a lot of capital. Several crores. next you need to be able to attract quality doctors.trying to do this by contributions from the community can only be a dream. my suggestion is to form a company that is for profit and money be collected and shares in the enterprise be issued. This will attract capital from other communities also in the Nilgiris. having established a for profit organization part of the work of this organization can support the healthcare needs of the economically needy at very nominal costs.

View next topic
View previous topic