Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Vinod,

Today, I had the experience of my lifetime when I booked through makemytrip.com. After being taken for a ride, i though about your message sometime ago!

I just booked my flight from Delhi to Bangalore, happy getting my sub 4000 Rs Fare (which is quite rare as Im used to book tickets in the last minute, worse so, many times like a bus ticket, going to the airport and taking my ticket for the available flight in the last moment).

My card was charged twice for no mistake of mine and the reason they cited was that I had pressed the enter key twice. I got mad and told the telecaller on the other side that it is high time they refurbish their computer systems!

Iam just putting across the discussion between me and the telecaller...

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Tina'
Tina: Namaste & greetings from MakeMyTrip!
Tina: How may I help you?
hariharan: hi tina
hariharan: why do i get two booking nos
Tina: May I have the booking numbers please ?
hariharan: 127512 and 127513
hariharan: mmt-d
Tina: One moment please
Tina: Let me check the same
hariharan: ok
Tina: This is a booking you have from Delhi to Bangalore on 28th July
hariharan: yes
Tina: MMT D 127512 is a confirmed booking and your card has been charged for INR 3241
hariharan: why that 127513
Tina: That also is for the same sector and for the same date
hariharan: no
Tina: Your card has also been charged for INR 3241
hariharan: you are fooling me
hariharan: how will book for myself for 2 ticktes
hariharan: am i a foold
Tina: Sir this booking has been made at 12:55 am today
Tina: Did you click twice on the payment section?
hariharan: i dont like this
hariharan: no
hariharan: iam very careful while clicking'
Tina: But the booking has been made twice
hariharan: it is your problem, problem with your computer interface, why do hold me responsible, i want only one ticket
hariharan: if i was going to be charged twice or any kind of penalty, then i will be forced to take some other action
Tina: Sir regarding the same please send a mail to service@makemytrip.com
hariharan: this is absurd tina, then why do u have a live chat
Tina: This is directly addressed to our managers
hariharan: and take my life for a ransom
Tina: And they will be able to assist you regarding the same
hariharan: oh my god
hariharan: u r ripping me of all my money
Tina: Can I give contact you right now?
hariharan: yes pls
Tina: May I have your contact number?
hariharan: **********
hariharan: in delhi
Tina: I am just giving you a call that side
hariharan: ok, i will wait

(She calls me, we discuss and says that the supervisor will call the next day. In the mean time, I sent her a mail)

Tina: Sir I have received your mail
hariharan: so, will u do something, can i expect your good news
hariharan: dont charge me a single paise extra
Tina: Sir I have forwarded the same
hariharan: ok great
hariharan: i wait for ur great managers assistance
Tina: You will be receiving a call back on the number ********** tomorrow by 10 am
hariharan: now, he is God for me
Tina: You will be receiving a call back sir
hariharan: ok, pls
Tina: Anything else I may assist you with?
hariharan: nothing really
hariharan: but i have something to tell you, would u listen'
Tina: Sure sir
hariharan: i called up one of my friends
hariharan: just now
Tina: Yes sir
hariharan: and he tells me that your site has charged him a higher fare on the next slab while the amount shown was lesser,
hariharan: why does this happen
Tina: Sir I am not sure of the case
hariharan: can i ask him to mail you with his ticket booking details?
Tina: As long as I do not know the full details regarding the matter I will not be able to say anything regarding the same
hariharan: maybe you can help him
hariharan: the ticket booking details are the full details, isnt it
Tina: Yes sir
hariharan: can i ask him to mail the details
hariharan: with whatever happened
Tina: In that case the site will have prompted him that the seats are not available on the same class and only then will it go ahead with the booking
hariharan: no.he says that there were no pop-ups or any warnings
hariharan: it just automatically upgraded him
Tina: That will never happen
Tina: He will also have got a confirmation mail from our end saying the amount that has been charged from his card
hariharan: my friend says that he was not intimated beofr his card was charged
Tina: Sir on the page you will also be knowing that before that card is charged the amount is show on the page with the break up on the right hand side
Tina: As said by you before you have made bookings on our site and you too will be knowing regarding the same
hariharan: whatever charge was mentioned in the mail was the upgraded amount, not the original amount he has seen on the interface
Tina: Then can you ask him to send the copy of the interface
hariharan: but, i did not face the problem which he did
Tina: So that we can check into the matter
hariharan: i can ask him to send the mail he received
hariharan: nobody thinks of storing an interface tina
Tina: Sir with that how can we know what is the amount that was show on the interface?
hariharan: tina, do u think he should have stored the interface on his favorites page?!
Tina: Sir how can we check the same other wise
Tina: Because we do show the amount before we ask for the payment details
hariharan: you must have has the entire transaction in your database, including the cookies. so, u must be able to ckecdk isnt it
Tina: Sir I am not sure of the same
Tina: Please ask him to send the mail
hariharan: can i give him your email ID
Tina: I will ask my managers to look into the matter
Tina: Sure
hariharan: i will do
Tina: and my e-mail address is tina.jose@makemytrip.com
hariharan: nice. have a great day and pls me help me get my hard earned money back, i shall be greatful to you
hariharan: thanks very much
Tina: Sir I have forwarded the same to my supervisors and you will be getting a call back tomorrow
Tina: Thank you for visiting our site!
Tina: Bye & Good Night
hariharan: ciao!

So, Vinod, you can try ur luck once again! I wait my turn tomorrow...eagerly! icon_rolleyes.gif
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Hari, Thank you for your efforts in sharing your experience... The posting by me was one of my friend's experience and will convey this to him... BTW, Did u get you money back icon_wink.gif icon_question.gif ??

ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes! The beauty is that I never got a call back from them at 10.00AM. But then, I didn't expect either!

I called them at approx 11:00 AM today (Of course on their call centre number) and spoke to another customer care executive. She kept me on hold for atleast 5 minutes (the music was sick, even my old 6610 has a better song " here I go impossible" by Erasure).

Not the one to be satisified by words alone, I asked here to send me a confirmatory mail and here it is... (Pls scroll underneath to see my final comment icon_smile.gif)

" DEAR SIR

THIS IS REGARDING YOUR BOOKING WITH MAKE MY TRIP INDIA PVT LTD .YOUR MMT ID IS 127513-IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND YOU WILL BE GETTING FULL REFUND FOR THAT.

Yours Sincerely,

Faria Saeed
Customer Care
Faria.Saeed@MakeMyTrip.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
India Toll Free: 1-800-11 8747
Board Number: +91-11-2656 6867
U.S. Toll Free: 1-800-INDIA-10
Australia Call Free: 1-300-6644-04
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are welcome to write to our management with feedback about our services.
CLICK on http://india.makemytrip.com/contactus.aspx
This e-mail constitutes a private, confidential and legally privileged correspondence between
the sender and the recipients' and is for information purposes only. Any comments,
opinions or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of the company.

Comment: When a reason is genuine, companies respond, although belatedly. And, the customer care centre folks are really cool! Maybe, ur friend clicked "yes' to the pop-up accidentally icon_rolleyes.gif icon_evil.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_biggrin.gif

DREAM. INSPIRE. EVOLVE.
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But sometimes, we have to wait for ages to get the response icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Hari... Any luck in getting ur money back???

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PHISHING

Please read this carefully. On clicking the link below will direct u to the one like icici login "PLEASE DONT ENTER UR USERNAME AND PASSWORD" U wil get trapped. Beware of this kind of mails!!! I had read a lot about phishing scam, but never had a try with it. But day before yesterday, I got this suspicious (fraud) mail:

Dear ICICI Online Services Customer,

ICICI Bank, is here by announcing the New Security Upgrade. We've upgraded our new SSL servers to serve our customers for a better and secure online banking service, against any fraudulent activities. Due to this recent upgrade, you are requested to verify your Online Banking account information by following the reference below.

Reference

https://infinity.icicibank.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&App SignonBankId=ICI&AppType=corporate&abrdPrf=N

Please Note - If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporally suspend your online banking account.

Thank for your Co-operation
Customers Service
ICICI Bank Limited.

I got suspicious and tried calling the bank and then mailed them to verify the authenticity of the mail. They have given mail-ids and contact numbers where you can clarify these issues. I forwarded them the mail as well. Yesterday I got this reply from them, read it very carefully:

Subject: Updating account information through link in e-mail

Thank you for writing to us and bringing this e-mail to our notice. We wish to inform you that the e-mail you received is indeed fraudulent and that it has not been sent by ICICI Bank nor Visa. This is a scam called “phishing” – and it involves Internet fraudsters who send e-mail messages to lure personal information (Internet Banking User id, passwords, credit / debit card numbers, bank account information, or other personal and sensitive information) from unsuspecting victims. Clicking on the link or even pasting it in the address bar of your browser will take you to a fraudulent site.

ICICI Bank will not ask for this information via e-mail or even direct you to a link online. If it happens that you have revealed your account details in response to this e-mail, please call and inform our 24-hour Customer Care immediately. We affirm that we are taking action to deal with the situation.

You may continue to transact with ICICI Bank by typing www.icicibank.com in the address bar of your browser window without any apprehension. We reassure you that we use the latest encryption and SSL security devices to make our website safe for use. You can expect nothing less from a technology-intensive bank as ours.

May we request you to forward this mail to others so they too could be made aware of the perils of “phishing”. Please visit the ‘Secure Banking’ section on our website for “Safety Tips” and more information on a secure online banking experience. We reiterate that ICICI Bank acts at all times with diligence, in good faith, and without any intent of prejudice to the interests of its customers.

Thank you, again.
Sincerely,

Tina Solanki
Service Quality Manager

Please tell all your friends about this. This is a very serious scam and many people have been caught in its trap like the recent HSBC incident in Bangalore.

sathish_water
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Vinod Thanks for ur information.

cheers
sathish kumar.R
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I have been promised in written that a total refund for one of the tickets (the auto generated second one) will be credited back to my credit card in the next 15 working days. I have to trust, no other way out.

Fortunately I do not keep rollover credit in my card these days, so no interest charges. But, Im sure many people rollover their dues (by paying minimum and carrying over the balance to the next month). In such an instance their interest burden would be loaded for no mistake of theirs. unfair.

Will keep this thread updated in the next couple of weeks!
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have trust in them and hope for the best Hari.... icon_smile.gif

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is one post already by Sridhar regarding duping credit cards... Dont know if everyone has read that. Posting the same content below, since it is related to this topic.

vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Use Credit Cards CAREFULLY

The next time you decide to use your credit card on a shopping trip, think again. The Mumbai police have busted a hitech credit card fraud which they believe is the crime of the future.

Four gadget-savvy youngsters from Andheri, two of them software engineers, got together to earn a quick buck and ended up ripping off over Rs 3 lakh of citizens' money. The foursome were arrested by the Juhu police on Tuesday. Interestingly, one of the boys was all set to leave for the United State s for a job in a wellplaced computer firm.

According to the police, the mastermind of the gang is 19-year-old Leo Paul. A second-year engineering student at a Bandra college, Paul had read about a magnetic card-reading device which could store data once you swipe a card through it. Data from at least 12 such cards could be stored at a time.

Paul realised that if credit cards were swiped though the machine, the personal data of a customer stored on it could be accessed. He then teamed with Akash Kamble, a 19-year-old Lokhandwala resident, and ordered the card-reader from USA , using the internet, since it's not available in India .

"The boys befriended a waiter at Kings International hotel at Juhu to take their plan ahead. Every time someone ate a meal in the hotel and paid by credit card, the waiter would discreetly swipe it through the magnetic card-reader, which is no more than 6-inches long and can be stored in the pocket,'' said investigating officer Ramesh Nangare.

Once the waiter was done, he would hand over the device to Paul who would download the data from the cards on to Kamble's personal computer. The duo would then feed the data into blank cards, available in the grey market. The cards were now ready to be used in shopping malls and theatres, or to withdraw money from an ATM.

Senior inspector Pradeep Shinde said that the boys forged information from more than 22 cards in this manner. The fraud came to light after officials from HSBC bank complained to the police. The cops quizzed customers whose cards had been duplicated and discovered they had all visited Hotel Kings International and paid by credit card. Investigators then caught the waiter who led them to the four youngsters. Paul, Kamble and the two other collegians identified as Manoj Chauhan (24) and Mahesh Valani (20), have been remanded to police custody.

A portable magnetic cardreader can store data from around a dozen cards that have been swiped through it; made in China, the device was bought on the net for Rs 18,000.

The card-reader is connected to a computer and the entire data is transferred there. The data is then stored in blank cards available in the grey market. These duplicate cards can now be used to buy a fortune and also withdraw money from ATMs.

ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More than the Money, its the service care levels which any customer looks for. The way a company approaches a certain issue reflects its core values. Responsible organisations go any length to satisfy their customers. Im positive about the outcome!

View next topic
View previous topic