Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi All,

Our community is developing at such a pace that most of us are fairing well in various facets of life. But how many of us have ever thought of giving back to the society?

Why is that the Niligiris does not have an advanced health care unit?
If any of our fellow people in Ooty or in the surrounding hatties need some emergency care they need to ply three hours (provided the roads are good) to reach Coimbatore by that time the poor soul is no more.

Why are the so-called legislative members of the Nilgiris not raising this issue? If the government is not taking up the issue will the people be ready to do their part ???

Warm Regards
naveen_sankaran
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as government hospitals are concerned, the story is the same all over the country - it is pathetic. People depend on private hospitals for quality health-care.
Private hospitals look for profitability before setting shop. Nilgiris is sparsely populated as compared with cities. Moreover most of the badus who are well-to-do live outside of Nilgiris. Given the above reasons, I am just wondering whether it will be possible to have good health-care facilites.
I am not trying to sound hopeless. Just want to know what others think.
What can be done? Opinions are welcome.
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Naveen,

Your reply itself is a hope!

We dont trust government hospitals because most (please note not all) of the government doctors encourage patients to visit their private clinics.

Private hospitals look for profit thats true because they need to survive. Cant blame them atleast they save lives!

We can make Nilgiris a destination for healthcare. Look what Dr Verghese Kurien did. Made AMUL the most admired product today. If a few Philanthropists join hands we can make it a dream come true. There are always people waiting to help only thing there should be honest and efficient people to take the responsibility.
sathish_water
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If any of our fellow people in Ooty or in the surrounding hatties need some emergency care they need to ply three hours (provided the roads are good) to reach Coimbatore by that time the poor soul is no more

I am agree with this. Still it is happening in our hatties.
sathish_water
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ithamake visaya ella mathadhunoge ondhanu use kidaya. It has to be implement in proper manner and channel . Adhuga ella badugaru and govt ondhu sedhu step ethodhu.

ondhu visaya enandhale nanga ella ondhu sedhu keppa jamano govt support madodhu ille. Adhe time govt action ethi bappa jamano nanga cooperation madodhu ille.

But some concerned department in ministry and govt dhoge edhavadhu badugaru idhu nanga avakara approach madi avaka interest ethile edhavdhu nadiyaku makke.
purni
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too had this in mind. ooty yave ondhu eg ah ethuvo. botanical gardens sari maadodhuga aduva nenapu hospitals thage beethudhale sari. Athe ethi bapodhuga medical field dhage ibbavakare tha first kaal ethi beepodhu. unity is strength. ondhu seradhange ondhunu maadodhuga mudiya.

Occasional poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We badagas, have lost most of our money through going to hospitals in Coimbatore. Yes, there are no hospitals in Ooty having the full infrastructure. There are good surgeons of our community serving in our Government Hospitals, who have done successfull surgery on some cases, which were rejected at Coimbatore. It is our attitude that we must change. How many of us Badagas, are first prepared to go to a local Doctor. The first thing we do is go to Cbe, get tested at the Costliest hospitals which have sprung up mainly due to Badagas. We have to first change our mindset and believe that there are good doctors here. Yes, they may not have all the modern equipment, but that equipment is not necessary for all cases.
sathish_water
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Senthil innu local hospitals noge hopavakka niraya idhare. some thing it is in serious they use to go coimbatore. Idhunogey first thing money factor bekku. Next thing is time factor. Idhu eradu aduvakaga tha coimbatore. Idhu eradunoge edhavadhu ondhu illadhey oleyu local hospitals tha gadhi.
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Ithamake visaya ella mathadhunoge ondhanu use kidaya. It has to be implement in proper manner and channel . Adhuga ella badugaru and govt ondhu sedhu step ethodhu."
- Very true That is what my intention is.

As for the mindset of the people can always be changed if worked out. It takes lot of time to create a good reputation. So if we take an initiative first then we can think of this later.

Like Purni said if like minded people get togather there is a hope!

Let us wait and see how many more people would join this discussion and how many will really lead it to contructive work...
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there any doctors around in this forum ?
I think doctors in our community can have a chat together and take an initiative or discuss with Minister Ellithorai Ramachandran for fund issues.

Will Mr. Ramachandran do the needful or will he act as a normal politician icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif God knows....

Lets hope for the best
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctors on this forum as of now not sure.

They might not even be aware of this discussion. icon_sad.gif

As for the minister we dont know what say he has with the State Govt?

Rgds
naveen_sankaran
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not limited to hospitals alone. Things are equally bad when it comes to other infrastructure. Sometime last year I had to visit Yedakadu village for my cousin sister's wedding. I was appalled at the condition of the roads. The journey was a virtual roller-coaster ride, except that it was for free! As if bad roads are not enough, the congestion in the buses plying on that route makes things even worse.
People living there surely deserve better facilities.
To me, the root cause of all this is the lack of a strong economy in the district. Almost everyone is looking to move to other cities for jobs. Industries (jobs) are required in Nilgiris. If there are people earning and living there, then other things such as hospitals would automatically follow.
I am sure that I am not the first person to think on such lines. I have read articles in newspapers expressing the same.
When will it happen? Who will make it happen?
malakrishnanis
Starter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with Naveen it is not limited to hospitals.

For the basic infrastructure like roads we need to escalate to the State Government. Always government is ready to enjoy the profits that the Nilgiris provides through tourism but they are not ready to develop and enhance this sector. At times people need to take law in their hands when the government does not heed.

Facilities like hospitals can be done thru a network of people. It can be an hospital run by a trust.

Happy atleast people are concerned about basic infrastructure but how many of us have taken a step to improve?? No use crying friend need to act! Submit a petition to the Collector. Stage a dharna (non violent one).
Bring it to the attention of the local authorities. Make them feel you would not be satisfied with words but need an action. Make the Media write about it. Then let us see how this issue will be neglected?

As for industries in the Nilgiris only the elders (who have served in the mangement cadre) can help as they would know what industry can be a success in the Nilgiris. So that it does not become like HPF... Urbanization is there everywhere.
melursenthil
Occasional poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good News is that the new Collector is a very pro active person. When I do get a chance to speak on this issue, I shall personally talk to him regarding this issue. Right now he is on a mission to clean up Ooty and other towns of Niligirs, so that we have a clean ooty and we have just submitted a proposal regarding the same. If people on this site, who happen to be in Nilgiris contact me, Then we can all work together and make a beginning to ensure that we contribute to make sure that Nilgiris has a good Health Centre.. In fact one of the proposals given to the collector is to Make Nilgiris, a centre for Health Tourism.

Frequent poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gud thinking senthil. All the best !!!!!!!!!

View next topic
View previous topic