Homepage Badaga Community Forum Index FAQ Search Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register
Badaga Community
Welcome to Badaga community forum
View next topic
View previous topic
vinu_scorpion
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion is that copying & pasting and sharing something useful r funny with our people is better than being inactive and doing nothing. We can also take the initiative to bring some topics and issues to discuss, may be in badagu or english rather than telling that nobody is discussing about anything and just doing CtrlX & Ctrl V. Should appreciate that atleast they spend their valuable time in sharing the info with everyone. Maynot be useful for everyone, but still someone gets the benefit from the info pasted.

Any comments??? Is anyone really getting bored of the recent postings which are being taken from other sites or from mails????

ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

icon_biggrin.gif not really appi! There is always a message in ur postings! When we have convictions in what we say, people listen!
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vinu,

More than 2000 members have registered in Badaga.org but just 20 people participate in the discussion lets be proud that we r one among that 20 who entertain or provide info to people of our community..Lets carry on with our postings.... icon_smile.gif
l_santhosh
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Point no. 1:
If copy-paste feature was not available, will those who have "given their valuable time" have typed in everything and "given this benefit" to everyone? icon_question.gif

Point no. 2:
Agreed that copy/pasting is with good intentions only... icon_biggrin.gif
But what I feel is useful need not be so for most others ! icon_exclaim.gif
Like some of you do, I have bunches of "useful" mails in my inbox. If we all "contribute", we might soon be clogging our website thereby giving sleepless nights to our site administrators. icon_rolleyes.gif

Point no. 3:
Are we encouraging our(Badagas') creativity? Or are we encouraging some one else's creativity? icon_confused.gif
If there's a joke or an article or any musings, that we experienced and wrote, that will be great....very much appreciated and enjoyed.
Is that the case...?

To ebhari: Are we the owners of the conviction in this case?

Point no. 4:
Out of the 70-odd latest topics in the "General Topics" section, all are forwarded items.
Out of those, some will definitely help each person who visits the site.
Is that a good return on investment?

Point no. 5:
Most importantly, do these forwarded items encourage participation?
What is a forum if there are only 20/ 2000 people participating? icon_arrow.gif

....just my thoughts....nothing personal....
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
ebhari
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Folks,

Even when the forum section was going great guns, there weren't much participants, just a handful. It was the same people who kept on debating and new posters were scarce. Whether the discussions were beyond the understanding of others or they were too trivial for the experienced minds is a different story altogether, but I think that some momentum and action is always better than sweet nothings.

Agreed that too much copy/paste is a little boring at times, but not every piece could be expected to carry a creative tag and sound original. There are a lot of young brilliant minds around who want to participate, but unsure where to start, so cut 'n' paste is not a bad idea afterall, to make a beginning. They will evolve over a period of time. After all, its our guys, come on... icon_smile.gif let them be happy yaar...

Santosh,

Totally agree with you that we are not the owners of many things we say and do in life. I just meant that some points are worth sharing if we have strong faith in them, irrespective of its origin. Think you can forgive me icon_wink.gif for sure!
vivekraju
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

l_santhosh wrote:

Point no. 5:
Most importantly, do these forwarded items encourage participation?
What is a forum if there are only 20/ 2000 people participating? icon_arrow.gif

I do agree with u....but people just register their names and are least bothered to login even once in a while...

probably admin can deactivae the account of a member who doesnt login for a long time icon_rolleyes.gif
l_santhosh
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mamma,
"forgive me" athendhu ella maathu aadilae, I won't forgive you ! ! icon_exclaim.gif icon_biggrin.gif
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger

View next topic
View previous topic